Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you using an Odyssey 925 battery in your Teryx, how did you mount it? I just got one and it looks like it’s going to be a hassle to mount. Might be going back.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good battery that’s plug and play? TIA

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,261 Posts
In my opinion, all batteries are a pain to mount in the Teryx. If you want to mount that battery in the stock location, just leave the plastic cover off. It really doesn't do anything anyway and the added clearance will make it a lot easier to install that battery.

·
Administrator
Christ is King
4,141 Posts
Leave the plastic cover off like VirginiaHawk said. I also had to cut some all thread to replace the factory bolts since the 925 was taller than my stock battery. See pics.

Reactions: flbob and BoneSpur

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,261 Posts
I never thought about mounting it on its side. That would make getting to the terminals a lot easier. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a hell of a time installing this without removing the airbox. Did you use the Odyssey adapter kit for the terminals?[/QUOTE]

·
Administrator
Christ is King
4,141 Posts
Yeah I removed the air box to install mine. I can’t remember using any adapters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I removed the air box to install mine. I can’t remember using any adapters.
Thanks for the reply. I was able to get it installed without the adapters by getting a second set of hands. Damn thing is a pain to get to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn’t remove the air box. Mounted on its side and used longer bolts from a kit sold by Basspro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts