Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 months ago i purchased a new battery for my Teryx, and i'm already having to charge it because it won't start. This can't be good. The J-Strong roof is all that's using the battery, besides of course the Teryx. I'm almost to the point of trading the J-Strong roof for just a regular plain roof, i don't use the radio much at all, the lights are nice, but its not that big of a deal. I've seen and heard of people having two sets of batteries one for the roof and one for the Teryx, i really don't want to have to do that. I may just end up disconnecting the roof all together, but then its no use of having the radio and lights. I don't ride it that much, but when i want to ride it, i'd say once a week, i shouldn't have to charge the battery up every time. What are some of the options i'm looking at?? I appreciate all replies!

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Do you have a winch with a wireless remote? My batteries always die quick also, I've narrowed it down to the wireless remotes are drawing power with the key off. I am going to just put in a quick disconnect on the battery cables using warn winch disconnects.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No i don't have a winch installed at all. Was on the "to get" list.

i did notice the light on the radio stays on even when the radio is off. Maybe that could be draining it some, i really have no clue, surely not that much, but apparently it is.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
It's the same with my remotes, except that I have two on my T4. They draw just enough to kill in less than a week. Just wire in a toggle for your radio and it should be okay, or run it all off of switched power with a relay if possible.

·
Gip
317 Posts
If u think its the j strong roof put at switch in line with the hot lead coming off the battery or a connector u can disconnect when not in use

·
gqucoolTeryx4
654 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the wireless remote I haven't installed my winch yet. My winch is a Champion and I bought their wireless remote kit because their line in/out switch is combined with their solenoid is a total joke!! i will watch out for this! if needed I can not even use the wireless remote part. Time will tell, I have found though these newer atv/utv batteries are maintenance free BS yea thats a nice feature if you ride often no problem but if your machine sits for a few days to weeks in your garage like mine does then the newer batteries suck! The first thing I did to my Teryx4 was to install a battery maintainer just to keep the chg up. They work very well I bought the Yuasa brand its has a smart control on it that shifts from chg to maintain. Again thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If I leave my pro box top plugged in it will run my battery down in two days. One day when it's cold out.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Toomany, have you had problems since your Odyssey install. I have a warn wireless and have never had a problem but the factory battery, as we all know sucks.
The roof thing is perplexing but definitely an issue for many. A relay would work great I would think. Only thing is if you were concerned about memory for presets but....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts