Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 750 EPS. All stock. Battery went and needs to be replaced. Battery is stock and only has what I believe to be a Kawasaki part number of 26012-0107. Can I just use a 12V lawn and garden battery that matches in size and configuration but with higher cranking amps? Or is this a special battery?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Take the old battery in to NAPA or Walmart etc. to ensure getting the right one. I used NAPA. Price is reasonable if you stay with a lawn tractor battery, if you want to go "whole hog" go with Odyssey or Optima but take money :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Ghmpm!

So a "Lawn Care" battery will work fine? Nothing special about the stock Kawasaki battery. I just do not want to have any trouble out on the trail....

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Nothing special about the battery. Just make sure dimensions and cranking amps are the same or little higher etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the battery is identical in size and has the same positive and negative posts. The cranking amps are higher 350 @ 0 degrees F. Compared to the stock battery 275 @ 32 degrees F.
I will give it a go.
Thank you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thank you Ghmpm!

So a "Lawn Care" battery will work fine? Nothing special about the stock Kawasaki battery. I just do not want to have any trouble out on the trail....
I have been using one since early June. No problems! My original battery only lasted about 18 months, so I chose NOT to use a Kawasaki battery LOL

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,136 Posts
I have been using one since early June. No problems! My original battery only lasted about 18 months, so I chose NOT to use a Kawasaki battery LOL
I have a 2016. Still running the original battery. I suppose I should start looking. Wouldn't want it to fail at just the wrong time! But so far, its given me no reason to worry. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
565 Posts
PC925? Odyssey. Lawn mower gonna leave ya stranded. Junk. IMOP.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My logic is I could go with an Odyssey or use a NAPA lawn tractor and replace it every year and STILL come out ahead money wise... If you want to spend 200+ for a UTV battery go for it. I am cheap and don't spend that much on my truck battery LOL.

·
Registered
565 Posts
My logic is I could go with an Odyssey or use a NAPA lawn tractor and replace it every year and STILL come out ahead money wise... If you want to spend 200+ for a UTV battery go for it. I am cheap and don't spend that much on my truck battery LOL.
I get it. If you were up here ya would. Stranded in mnts in cold, not cool. Heck my lawn mowers batt don't last long. Error towards quality where ya can afford to if ya can. Or get harbor freight batt jump box. That's what Im using till stocker takes a crap then I will buy an Ody or yellow top. Once I left radio on for 20 minutes and I was done. Stocker. Not again, they get weak and ya don't realize it till too late. Keep in mind the abuse, bouncing around cause bad cells in poor quality batts.

·
DILLIGAF
634 Posts
I am running 2010. Nervous a little will carry jumpmpack when I remember. Thought adding second battery and diode would be interesting.

Lawn mower batter is not big enough. I take old bike batteries and put in mowers. Not sure why you would even consider lawn, why not add, which is what is, or bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just replaced my battery in 2016 Teryx Le. Needed one that day and dealer had one (Parts Unlimited 2113-0110 $160.00) ouch. Need to shop around next time.

·
Registered
565 Posts
People will spend serious $ on these toys and the accessories but skimp on a batt?? I don't get it. To me its foolish to risk 20m in mnt with dead batts. Just like tires, don't run junk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Point taken. I guess I should complain, got over 3years out of it. Does anyone know if using a battery charger would extend the battery life?

·
Registered
13 Posts
just make sure you get a maintenance free one. you can't use your battery cover with one that has removable fill caps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everybody, first time poster (?)
I replaced my batt in my 2014 T2 with an odyssey AGM, $154.00 delivered. Slightly bigger, mounted in on its side (allowed), for access to posts. Very happy with this setup.
Buddy of mine got NAPA for cheap, $24.00. Claims he can buy six batts, and still be ahead. My reply: I’ve never seen a battery salesman, out on the trail.
He NEVER shuts his machine off while riding. Has a charger hooked up, night before rides.
Confidence is priceless.
P.S. if you have accessory’s (light bars, winch, radios),invest in a good (better) battery.
My humble opinion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts