Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like this Muffler but the bed hits the end of it and will not tilt all of the way.I have to remove the end if I want to raise the bed.I wonder if Gibson tried their muffler on a Teryx with a dump bed.I may could cut a inch or two off of my pipes so it slides up on it more but I hate to have to do that.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
im thinking all of these early aftermarket parts were designed on the base model

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the muffler but it is a pain to have to remove the tip every time I want to raise the bed.I can see if it were a couple dollar part but for the price you should no have to deal with this problem.I think I am going to see if they can send me a shorter piece of pipe that the muffler connects to.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I found the problem.I am missing the rubber bumpers that limit how far the bed tilts.The Le models come with them but my standard model did not.I think I am just going to screw a bolt into the hole and use a jam nut to adjust how far they stick out.

While this was my screw up the fact that either the hangers are to short or the pipe is to long is not.Gibson needs to address this problem and then this will be a nice setup.

It looks nice and has a deeper tone than the factory muffler while only being just a little bit louder.It also seems to be several pound lighter as well.Overall I am very pleased with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts