Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a cheaper way for belt deflection test, Kawi wants 120.00 for the real tool. just looks like a rod with some marks on it.

·
Just a guy with a toy
66 Posts
I use to use a fish scale, a straight edge and a small ruler. my question is I know the spec is 22 to 23 mm but at what pressure. We use to use a fish scale to pull down on the belt to the correct pressure say 10lbs and then measure deflection.

Anybody know the LBS ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went ahead and purchased the tool from world of power sports 95.00, I am hoping using the factory tool will prevent the belt squeal some have reported after belt deflection setting.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
I just went ahead and purchased the tool from world of power sports 95.00, I am hoping using the factory tool will prevent the belt squeal some have reported after belt deflection setting.
How the heck did you find it on the power sports site? WOuld you mind sharing the part number please?

Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
Im not in the shop right now but tool part#s are in the service manual....I ordered one and when it gets here ill make something like it and sell them 95.00 bucks is crazy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok I have had a few conversation with two different dealers in the service department about all of the belt problems with the teryx. Now I didn't shared my info from one dealer to the other I was feeling them both out to see what kind of responce I would get, and they both told me the same thing that the teryx should be driven in low gear for anything under 30mph!!!!!!

Has anyone else heard such a thing??

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
any additional info on a tool? i csame across the thread via google and just didnt have time to search the site. got anything Johnny?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts