Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks for the news. I have been concerned about the belt. Shortly after bringing it home I could smell a rubber smell and I have been taking it easy on it. I don't have 20 hrs on it yet and was waiting for the oil change to look at the belt. I guess there will be a line at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I literally just walked out of a kawi dealership 5 minutes ago after purchasing a new belt. I asked them if they had any of the 40 part number belts.... They told me there was no such thing, asked them if they had had any problems with there customers blowing belts.... They said no this was the first one they had sold..... Asked if they had heard anything about a recall on them next month..... They said no they have heard of no issues what so ever with belts. When he pulled up the 39 belt number on his computer and rang me up to pay for it a message came up to call kawasaki and had a phone number on it ( probably the same number on the above pic). He said huh that's weird, iv never seen that before just before he promptly closed out the notification and charged me $149.55 for a new belt lol.

Buying a tyrex is just a down payment for its accessories!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I literally just walked out of a kawi dealership 5 minutes ago after purchasing a new belt. I asked them if they had any of the 40 part number belts.... They told me there was no such thing, asked them if they had had any problems with there customers blowing belts.... They said no this was the first one they had sold..... Asked if they had heard anything about a recall on them next month..... They said no they have heard of no issues what so ever with belts. When he pulled up the 39 belt number on his computer and rang me up to pay for it a message came up to call kawasaki and had a phone number on it ( probably the same number on the above pic). He said huh that's weird, iv never seen that before just before he promptly closed out the notification and charged me $149.55 for a new belt lol.

Did you blow the belt or just getting a spare? Sorry, but that dealer sounds shady lol

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Blew it. Not that I would expect them to replace mine with the mods I have. I just find it strange that if they are really about to recall them that a kawi dealer has never even heard of a problem with them. And when you a part up and it tells you to call kawi and gives you a number to call (especially when a customer has just questioned you about the dependability of the part) you just close it out ignore it and go on about your business. If my tyrex had been stock I would have pushed the issue.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called Kawasaki on the belt. They said to not sell the 39s. If there is a customer problem to call them until the recall goes out.

SHUT UP AND RIDE!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was at my dealer today and he told me to expect a letter in the mail in about a week. Ive had no trouble yet but I only have 9 hours and about 60 miles.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I called Kawasaki on the belt. They said to not sell the 39s. If there is a customer problem to call them until the recall goes out.

SHUT UP AND RIDE!
Lol, that's great...... What do we do with the extra 39 belt we bought Thats in a ziplock under the seat???? Lmao guess it will not fit after recall.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

SHUT UP AND RIDE!

If they would have told me they could not sell me a belt, I would have thrown a fit!! Maybe it's a good thing they didn't call lol. No belt would have meant no riding this weekend and that just can't happen lol.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If a guy wants to buy it after I tell him. I would still sell it so he can do his thing. They seem to be working. Nitzge has it and is working fine. I would put it on to ride Til they get it taken care of. It sounds like it is more than a different belt coming. Some part changes as well it sounds like. Time will tell.

SHUT UP AND RIDE!

·
Registered
441 Posts
If a guy wants to buy it after I tell him. I would still sell it so he can do his thing. They seem to be working. Nitzge has it and is working fine. I would put it on to ride Til they get it taken care of. It sounds like it is more than a different belt coming. Some part changes as well it sounds like. Time will tell.

SHUT UP AND RIDE!
It's working cause YOU guys fixed it lol keep us posted QuadBoss!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts

SHUT UP AND RIDE!
Hey Quad, do you know yet if they re sending out new primary clutches, or just the fixed sheave/shaft and movable sheave?
Ray

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They wouldn't tell me. Have to wait for another failure or the recall to come out. Nitzge is the only one we have had in the shop for the 800. No other failures.

SHUT UP AND RIDE!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My local dealer said they have had quite a few of the belts go bad on the 800's.

This is the same dealer that told me they had never heard of a broken floorboard!

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
My dealer MR Motorcycle in Asheville, NC will probably "know" something about this about 6 months after EVERY OTHER DEALER does. Their service department is the worst I have ever used in my life and it is WAY worse now then ever. Great.... guess I will be running my current new 39 belt a while. I may call them and ask once I get the letter, record the call then call Kawi and be like WTF are these guys on or what is the deal with them?

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is what they put on mine last week.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts