Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
leemetalfab
35 Posts
Question?? So once you get the new belt installed is there a break in period? Do you need to very your speed and run low and high for the belt to settle in? Just wondering if any one knew.
What in the world is a break in ???? I rode mine like i was going to ride it on the trails the first day i got it , i was told i while back from a friend that is a ranger dealer that all UTV and ATV's need to be done that way that the computer is setup to work with your driving style and the engine has a break in when it is built . I have no idea if this is true but anything i have had that was new i have done this way and have never had any problems.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Question?? So once you get the new belt installed is there a break in period? Do you need to very your speed and run low and high for the belt to settle in? Just wondering if any one knew.
The technician who replaced my belt and primary made a few easy rounds around the dealer lot immediately after the repair. When I got home, I rode easy for a couple of minutes in our pasture, and then it was literally WOT from there on out. I put it right up to the limiter in both Low and in High. The new clutch setup seems to be ok. Time will tell.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I had mine done yesterday. Dropped it off at 1:00 and pick it up at 2:15 And for everyones information if you bought a belt to replace the one you had or as a spare contact customer service and tell them. They will refund your money. I had bought a 39 so i didnt have to worry about the 33 blowing up. I put it in my self and had no problem yet with the 33. Just preventative. I called kawi yesterday and started to explain to them what i did and she said so your asking me to refund your money for the belt you paid for. I said yes and she said send me a copy of the receipt and ill send you a check. She said do not send the belt just the receipt. And as far as i can tell they are not going to make the 33 or 39 anymore because kawasaki told my dealer to send back all of them they had left and not to sell anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anybody know if the 40 belt will work on the old primary? The guys who run the rough and rocky trails going slow might want to keep the original primary if the 40 belt would work on them. The new primary and the 40 belt to me seems to pickup speed a lot quicker with the same rpms in low range. I think some of you have figured that out already by looking at some of the earlier posts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recall on my 2014 for primary

My 2014 was recalled to replace the primary and the belt after having it home for 3 weeks. The bike only has 20 miles/ 6 hours. The dealer said they didn't know why the clutch had to be replaced???? Anyone know what the clutch problem is? Thanks

Boyd

·
Registered
563 Posts
Here is a nice write up on CVT belt break-in:
Can Am maverick Polaris RZR XP 900, Polaris Ranger 800 - Gate C12 Belt Break In

New Belt Break In Process:
New CVT drive belts require a break-in period of at minimum 30 Miles to maximize belt life and performance. The goal of the break-in period is to properly wear in the belt to match the sheaves before applying maximum engine torque. By conservatively running through the entire shift range, proper belt contact over the entire sheave/belt contact path is optimized to eliminate belt slippage and drastically increase the belt’s lifespan.

Follow the following guidelines to accomplish proper Belt-Break in:
-Vary vehicle speed and engine RPM to shift belt through normal operational range.
-Do not exceed ¾ throttle within the first 30 miles of installation
-Stop engine and allow belt to cool down every 15 minutes of use.

During break in period, the following activities SHOULD BE AVOIDED:
-Aggressive Acceleration or ‘Jerky’ throttle movements at low speeds
-Holding engine/vehicle speed constant for extended time periods
-Pulling Heavy Loads
-Long run times without complete CVT/belt cool down
By following the break-in process carefully, the belt surface will wear in to match the individual CVT sheaves to maximize grip performance and dramatically reduce heat, glazing, and future wear.

181 - 189 of 189 Posts