Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
leemetalfab
35 Posts
Got my letter in the mail yesterday as well but I am thinking I will wait till something goes wrong , I just hate to get anything done when it is riding fine right now .

·
Registered
83 Posts
Had mine done last week! New primary and 40 belt! I'm in ontario! It was there for a warranty cv when my dealer told me the news! Got my letter yesterday! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got my letter also. I'm going to wait. My bike is running good and strong on the 039 belt. The updated clutch has a softer spring which means loss of low end torque. If you think your reverse gear is a slug, it will be worse after the warranty fix. Kawi should have put a stiffer spring in not a softer one...just my opinion...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Had anyone ridden their T4 after the fix?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
According to my dealer it's a whole new drive clutch setup and belt, the "front" clutch/sheaves and a slightly longer belt. He ordered the parts for mine and will be calling me to set up service when the parts come in.

·
Registered
255 Posts
X2
:popcorn:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is why I have been buying from my dealer since the late 70's.
I walked in last night with my letter in hand, he said "Chris I have your parts in the back with your name on them", talk about taking care of your customer! He wants to have his guys learn on two that he has so they know how long it will take. He thinks I can drop it off, go get something to eat, and be able to get it back right away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got my letter 2 days ago, called dealer, he was fully aware of the recall and has already ordered the parts to have on hand.
The letter from Kawasaki was post marked July 11, 2014, so it may be a few more days before everyone recieves their letter.
According to Kawasaki ( and the recall leter that I have), your dealer will replace the following:
* Drive Pulley
*Drive belt
Should take the dealer about one hour to do the upgrade.

I would wait until you get your letter from Kawasaki ( as it has your serial number and model at the top of the letter), before booking an appointment with your dealer as (they) will require this info to order the parts and book your machine in to the shop.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Speedy

·
Registered
255 Posts
My parts are being installed now.

Reactions: nitzge

·
WFOWS6_IL
275 Posts
Just picked mine up.

Low felt the same to me other than the rpms seemed a little lower around 22, which is ok with me. I never wrote down any numbers to compare. Going up a hill and getting it felt the same and that's all I care out.

I ride tight woods riding so I'm always in low so can't comment on any high gear changes.

Overall pretty pleased with the dealer and experience. They are replacing my spare belt with the new belt and should be here next week.

Running 26s

Reactions: nitzge
141 - 160 of 189 Posts