Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
With 26s it would be hard to tell, I hope it last now.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Does anyone have an update on how the modification has affected the performance.
Just pulled ours off the trailer and did a quick ride through the yard, seems to lock up a little slower, but when going WOT from a dead start it reached 40mph whereas before I could only hit 36 before running out of room. Shifting gears seems the same as 39 belt, easy, we riding sunday so i let ya'all know how it goes on the loggin roads. But seems ok to me......

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks for the update I look forward to hear how it does in the woods. My riding is primarily in the woods with some reclaimed strip mine roads.

·
Registered
93 Posts
People you need to stop calling this a recall it was not forced on Kawasaki by the Ministry of Transport because of safety related problems it is being done by Kawasaki as a customer good will /relations modification.

·
Registered
228 Posts
People you need to stop calling this a recall it was not forced on Kawasaki by the Ministry of Transport because of safety related problems it is being done by Kawasaki as a customer good will /relations modification.
Here in the states it is called a recall. The envelope has the following printed in red text "Important safety & recall information enclosed read immediately". We do not have a ministry of transport that I am aware of. I suppose thing are done a little differently in canada.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was at my kawasaki dealer the other day when he stopped me in our conversation and asked ( why must you refer to your factory directed modification to a
recall ) Thought that was kinda rude of him to cut me off in the middle of our conversation and told him to just call when the recall parts come in. Lol
Going to pick my teryx up today. I will let everybody on how it does and if I can feel any change. Ridding on 29.5x14x12 all around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
It is a little confusing recall or not but I guess the main thing is that kawasaki is admitting they messed up and they are making it right. I do feel that it is a safety issue. I wouldn't want the belt to break as I am trying to get up a steep hill.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, acts like a duck, it is a duck. Its a recall, they are just calling something else. And they are damn lucky nobody got hurt!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Uh oh!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know every one is calling it a "recall" but I was informed by the service manager at my dealer that it was a factory directed " Modification" because it was not safety related. If you notice the outside of the envelope says " Safety & Recall Information". Not "Safety Recall". If it were "safety related" then it would be a government mandated recall.

The service manager told me 2 or 3 times to just go ride it and have fun and he would call me when the parts came in. It's not safety related just go ride. Well, then give me your cell phone # so I can call you when I'm 10, 20, or 30 miles from my truck & trailer you can come tow me back. Just pissed me off when he stated they would modify the units on the show room floor first.
Sorry just venting... Dropped mine off today and will p/u next weekend.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well got the teryx back yesterday after the FDM belt clutch issue. It does go in and out of here a lot easier now. Didn't notice much power loss ether. What I did notice was in low gear around 25 26 mph it seemed to be a lot higher in rpms. With that said I guess I'll keep it in high gear over 25 mph rather then 30 mph. Still haven't hit the mud though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Had the Rex on the loggin roads today, performed well. No complaints. I didnt notice any change what so ever cept that the temp gauge hung around 130 instead of 145 when under 10 mph in low.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Had the Rex on the loggin roads today, performed well. No complaints. I didnt notice any change what so ever cept that the temp gauge hung around 130 instead of 145 when under 10 mph in low.
Thanks for the update. Guess it's going to a good fix.

·
teryx4ak
268 Posts
Called my dealer today and they told me my kit has been ordered and will be installed as soon as it gets in. there rep has been a so so being know not to step up when it comes to service and recalls. Thanks for stepping up Team CC.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Got the new 40 belt and primary today. Drove around on the farm for about 30 minutes. First impression is very good. Seems a lot smoother to me. Didn't go to the woods but out in the fields low and high range to me show a clear difference with not as much overlap as before. Maybe they've got it right. I guess time will tell. Anyway guys at the shop were trying to get me to get pipes and programmer saying how much potential is still in there above stock. I know one thing. I really like this machine the way it is. I don't know if I could stand it juiced up!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just dropped mine off today. Will be ready Saturday.
I'm really interested to see if gearing is different. Wonder if the cooling fan on clutch is larger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Question?? So once you get the new belt installed is there a break in period? Do you need to very your speed and run low and high for the belt to settle in? Just wondering if any one knew.

·
teryx4ak
268 Posts
I called my dealer yesterday and they ordered the parts. To my surprise they call me today with parts on hand. Dropped my t4 off tonight and will have it back tomorrow plus they are calling kawi about my first belt gernading with less then 20 hours on it. Thanks again team cc in eagle river ak. So now I need to do the fuel and cvt intake mods.

161 - 180 of 189 Posts