Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am at 40hrs and my belt is needing adjustment. Does anyone know if the Teryx is the same or similiar to the v/force 700? I have a service manual for the v/force. And has anyone actually tryed out any clutch kits. I was thinking about a kit and a tougher belt.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Im at 70hrs on mine and have yet to adjust mine,need to do mine soon also.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my belt just recently started to chatter a little when you take off slow. And under hard braking I can easily make it squeel. Other than that it seems to be fine. Thinking about Pismo this weekend. Do not want trouble. Itching to try out the new Elka elite shocks. New front push bar is at powder coater will have friday. Maybe I should just take a spare belt

·
Gumbo
85 Posts
yup you need to adjust it mine was doing the same thing till i adjusted it you can download the service manual free off this site just do a search on it and theres a link in a previous post good luck
:eek:k:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I asked the service department at the local kawi dealership and was told there was no adjustment on the belt. Was I lied to or the guys just don't know? I downloaded and read the service manual and it seams with some shims the deflection can be adjusted. I assume the deflection is the same as tightening the belt?

How difficult is this to do and could i just use a dowel rod to mark and measure instead of having to buy the special tool? What about taking the clutch assembly apart? any special tools needed?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
You remove shims from the clutch to tighten the belt. You need a clutch puller and a compressor tool to pull both clutches off. A stick and a measuring tape will measure the slack in the belt or you can use the special tool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts