Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled the trigger on a teryx 2 S LE wanting some guidance on this subject. I know this is a broad subject. Number one on the list is a winch. There is a lot of stuff out there just wanted some info on the good the bad. Any guidance is welcome. This is my first sXX so I am open to any help I have been riding atv for over 40 years so I know about all the recovers and so on I am look more for vehicle Specific accessories

·
Administrator
4,316 Posts
I always upgrade the lighting on any new machine. A couple cubes on the A-pillars makes a big difference in seeing the trail after sundown. A windshield is also a good addition, especially during the winter months. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
Empire slip on,Memphis sound bar, Tusk windshield, winch, light bar etc.
24 Posts
A windshield is a must in my book. Blocks dust,debris,tree branches,etc. I would suggest a split windshield that is openable to let in fresh air when needed. I myself bought a solid windshield because of the price point, but wish I would have spent a little more for the split style. When it’s hot out it would be nice to open it up every once in awhile to get some fresh air. It gets pretty dang hot in the cab sometimes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both make sense defiantly think the split windshield is a must something That can be removed during the hot months anyone have a brand preference as far as fine and quality?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Our Teryx4 came to us with a top and windshield. I am just so-so about the windshield. Small scratches and dirt make it hard to see when the sun is low. I am OK with goggles. Desert riding here, so the wants and needs might be different. I added a winch and light bar. It came to us with mirrors, license light, turn signals etc., so as to be street legal here.

I bought a storage box for a jacket, a few tools, and tire repair stuff. Seat covers and restraints for the dogs to ride in the back.

I am working on a plan for sun visors - I was not impressed by the online offerings.

No plans for a sound bar. I don't like sharing my music with the world. I may get a headphone system so I can protect my hearing and enjoy music.

Fuel tank vent mod done. Seems a good idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input I live in Ohio and do a lot of winter riding so I definitely think the split windshield will be nice during hunting season. And a rear view mirror not a bad idea. I was able to title mine as a utility vehicle so my department having jurisdiction does not require turn signals for street use on any road under 25 miles an hour so I’m good to go there and West Virginia doesn’t require as well. additional light bar for nite use definitely will probably be my second purchase. Possibly in-closing the cab as well but I don’t know how that’s gonna affect invisibility

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input I live in Ohio and do a lot of winter riding so I definitely think the split windshield will be nice during hunting season. And a rear view mirror not a bad idea. I was able to title mine as a utility vehicle so my department having jurisdiction does not require turn signals for street use on any road under 25 miles an hour so I’m good to go there and West Virginia doesn’t require as well. additional light bar for nite use definitely will probably be my second purchase. Possibly in-closing the cab as well but I don’t know how that’s gonna affect Visibility

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I always like the going on a few rides first and than deciding what mods are needed.
Windshields are definitely nice and I use the SuperATV flip up version. With a poly windshield you do have to take care of it more than glass, and the initial quality makes a big difference. I think the SuperATV version has held up pretty well. That one is nice because it's very easy to just reach over and crack it open to vent or raise all the way up without stopping and getting out of the machine. If you do any riding at night some additional lights are nice. On my first night ride on the trails (the slower woods trails) you can't see off the side, like when having to make a sharp turn to one side or the other and especially if the turn was down hill. A couple of fog pattern pods on the A-pillars takes care of that. If you spend any time on higher speed trails or roads at night you than out run the factory headlights pretty quick. I installed a small light bar on the front bumper that is wired into the factory high beams, that way it's easy to just flip the headlight switch with dims the headlights and turns off the lightbar for approaching traffic. A rearview mirror is also really nice to have. I would kinda' like to have side mounted rearview mirrors but think they would be knocked off pretty easy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have side mirrors and a rear-view mirror. Required for on-road travel here. If you do ANY on-road travel, you want a mirror. If that person in the big truck behind you is playing on his phone, you want at least a chance to get out of the way.

Oh, and I added these first-off.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
408 Posts
Both make sense defiantly think the split windshield is a must something That can be removed during the hot months anyone have a brand preference as far as fine and quality?
Super ATV flip-up windshield is top notch. You can vent it or open it all the way up with one hand while you're driving.
Home Page - SuperATV

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our Teryx4 came to us with a top and windshield. I am just so-so about the windshield. Small scratches and dirt make it hard to see when the sun is low. I am OK with goggles. Desert riding here, so the wants and needs might be different. I added a winch and light bar. It came to us with mirrors, license light, turn signals etc., so as to be street legal here.

I bought a storage box for a jacket, a few tools, and tire repair stuff. Seat covers and restraints for the dogs to ride in the back.

I am working on a plan for sun visors - I was not impressed by the online offerings.

No plans for a sound bar. I don't like sharing my music with the world. I may get a headphone system so I can protect my hearing and enjoy music.

Fuel tank vent mod done. Seems a good idea.
Wondering where you got the sear covers you mention for your dogs? .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Super ATV flip-up windshield is top notch. You can vent it or open it all the way up with one hand while you're driving.
Home Page - SuperATV
Super atv windshield is the way to go. Catch it on sale. Use
Meguiar's or Eagle 5 min detailer spray to polish the scratches out. wash first. makes windshield clean up fast. check out on small spot first. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on a teryx 2 S LE wanting some guidance on this subject. I know this is a broad subject. Number one on the list is a winch. There is a lot of stuff out there just wanted some info on the good the bad. Any guidance is welcome. This is my first sXX so I am open to any help I have been riding atv for over 40 years so I know about all the recovers and so on I am look more for vehicle Specific accessories
The first thing I put on my 2020 T2 was a winch. I, as others have mentioned, installed the SuperATV split windshield and added a light bar on the front brush guard. I also added side mirrors and a rear view mirror. I normally ride with a group, so I have a tri-band radio mounted to the roll bar. Along the way I've added a roof, mud guards, Highlifter front and rear control arms (with lift kit), 28x10x14 tires on MSA Core wheels, back-up lights, a lighted whip and rear dust shield. Just recently added a GoPro camera to the mix to record all the good, bad and ugly of our rides. Plan on adding a set of Hester Motorsport Elka shocks, stereo and a spare tire carrier in the near future.

·
TOTM Winner May 2021
5 Posts
The first thing I would suggest is to replace roll cage the stock ones are crap and might save ya from serious injuries

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Take a look at Rocky Mt MC Tusk folding windshield it’s full glass and worth the extra cost

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
The best thing I added was a Throttle Maxx gas pedal extension. Because of the angle of the seat and pedal I got sore calf’s. Throttle Maxx solved the cramps and gave more control of the throttle when rock crawling in the desert.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The first thing I would suggest is to replace roll cage the stock ones are crap and might save ya from serious injuries
That's true. My neighbor rolled his RZR down a drop off 4 times. His mother was in it and didn't get a scratch thanks to his beefy custom cage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for your suggestions lot of good ideas need to figure out what is most applicable to my use and riding. as my style is pretty laid back and utility I am probably going to forgo the roll cage upgrade but I do understand the possible need

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
408 Posts
Coombsplumber, do you have an aftermarket cage on yours? If so, did you fab it yourself or buy it? I'm thinking of making the upgrade in the next year or so but I don't have the skills to fab one and there just aren't very many options out there on the market, so hiring a shop to make a custom one looks to be the way to go.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts