Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wasnt sure where to post this since it would cover several different areas, I was wondering what mods are a must for the Dunes, Im talking clutch mods, suspension, tires, anything that youve done or that you wouldnt do again. I want to build an all around performer but I like duning the best.

·
bradhasteryx
137 Posts
Best Dune Mod....LS6 Rail! j/k I run good with stock 08, cdi, exhaust, 26inch big horns. Can do all the bowls with 4 adults in it but can't do the big hills (Comp or Olds in glamis). I can get to the top of Olds but have to go the back way! :) I am curious as well, what will give me the most bang for the buck...is it paddles???

·
Registered
181 Posts
Doing the same thing to my Teryx. i just put the long travel on. CDI, slip on gibson ( I like it quiet for the baby) air intake. My clutch should be on the way back from Vforce John. I know for sure that you want a long travel kit with nice shocks. Number one on my list for the dunes or anywhere else for that matter. I have paddles and smoothes. You can take for a ride on a midnight run this summer if you want. might be able to go out this month but June or July is goint to be the first dune trip for me. Just learning from passed experence with a rhino that clutch work is very important. I would start with intake, CDI, exhaust and rejet. Then Long travel, clutch work. If you are in Phoenix area pm me you can pound mine around the house in the dez

·
Registered
154 Posts
Squatcher has a good list for you, e-jeep.
If keeping the stock plenum, I'd add the intake rings from DASA, they are the only route I know of that'll give you complete peace of mind regarding the sealing of the intake boots.
Also, I bought the aluminum fan from Muzzys to replace the plastic stocker.
I actually saw a stocker deform, and it just about quit moving air. The one from Muzzys moves enough air that you can literally feel the breeze from it just by sticking your hand above and behind the front tire. I don't know what the CFM rating is, but it is a major improvement in CFM and reliability.

·
Banning,CA
582 Posts
i have a epi dunner kit and 27" bighorns 4 seater cage itp bead locks and i can climb olds no problem.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So much available out ther its awesome, I have no yet picked up my 09 but it should be soon theres no rush mommas pregnant right now, but I should be getting Teryx soon and you know all the mods will be soon after, then I will be ready for when next season arives with no down time, looks to me like first thing will be cage and 4 new seats.Then air intake if the 09 needs it, clutch work maybe by v force , paddles and smoothies, exhaust, that muzzys fan is also a good idea. Then Long Travel I wish I had the $ to do that first. Oh and of course the LS6 rail I wish. Thanks for the offer SQATCHER but Im in Ca and wont make it out for another 6-9 months but at least I should have a very badass, capabile Teryx by then I should also look into that Gibson if its quieter

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Paddles are for sure, as for the bed delete kit will I still be able to mount a rear seat setup in the bed. I will be adding the twisted stitch JR seats back there and have not seen how they mount yet

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Paddles are for sure, as for the bed delete kit will I still be able to mount a rear seat setup in the bed. I will be adding the twisted stitch JR seats back there and have not seen how they mount yet
We have a stock replacement being cut right now and yes you will be able to mount the same size seat as would normally...

We also have a 48" wide kit being worked on right now that will allow your builder to mount a full 48" wide rear seat...I'm really geeked about that kit...I think it's going to be big...:pepper1:

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Question If I have the dasa racing intake kit, (Filter and new plenum ring,) Are the intake rings still needed?
YES ....... The ring that comes with the filter kit is a billet intake ring. If you have a 2008 you will need the Plenum Rings.

Dasaracing filter kit includes
Billet intake adaptor
Oversized filter
Outerwear

It does not come with the Plenum rings. Those are different. So again if you have a 2008 you will need the Dasaracing filter kit AND the dasaracing plenum rings. If you have a 2009 all you need is the Dasaracing filter kit. Hopes this clears it all up. If you have any questions just PM me.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
If your looking to purchase a package deal on a 4 seat cage w/ alum roof, laser star lights, paddles and smoothies at a great price then PM me for more details.

The cage is powder coated black and the roof is red, but we can make the roof any color you want.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would like to hit you up on that deal but I havent even got the Teryx yet, but those are the first mods I want to get, hopefully I can hit you up soon, Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts