Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a bilge blower under the driver seat on my 09 to help with the engine heat. Should I have it blowing air into the engine area or sucking the hot air out.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
362 Posts
If you're installing it under the seat I would think that an exhaust fan would be the most effective. So, in theory, the blower fan would be sucking air out of that compartment and blowing it out of the side of the machine before it comes up under your legs. Take some pics when you're done and let us know how it turns out.

Reactions: Haywire

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're installing it under the seat I would think that an exhaust fan would be the most effective. So, in theory, the blower fan would be sucking air out of that compartment and blowing it out of the side of the machine before it comes up under your legs. Take some pics when you're done and let us know how it turns out.
I will for sure. I'm still waiting on some silicone tubing for an intercooler. Figured that should be able to withstand the heat.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
The first year Teryx4 (2012) had a fan under the drivers seat that sucked fresh air in. It was mounted in the heat shielding which is not present in the 1st Gen. Teryx. There are vents in the belly pan that in theory let fresh air in the front of the engine compartment and blow it out the back, at least when there is forward motion.

Mike

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
377 Posts
So, in theory, the blower fan would be sucking air out of that compartment and blowing it out of the side of the machine before it comes up under your legs.
Why not a reverse snorkel that blows that heat through a pipe and out over our heads?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used a 4in bilge blower connected with intercooler pieces that are silicone rubber to withstand the heat. I have it pulling air from engine bay it exits behind my door. Works pretty good. But hasn't been out riding yet. After replacing stator & rectifier I'm getting a F1 code on my display. So trying to figure out why.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What code number is coming up?
Code 24 which is speed sensor. I didn't mess with anything on the passenger side. I might have left something unplugged or missed a ground. But pretty sure I got everything in place.. but there is ton of wires under the seat. I wouldn't think in having the upgraded stator & rectifier would harm any sensors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go back through and check all connections, obviously. I accidentally forgot to hook up a sensor after taking apart my intake one time, and the old girl didn’t want to light off. Head scratcher and annoying especially after putting everything all back together.

If it all looks good, disconnect the negative on the battery and give it a few min to discharge. Hook back back up and see if that helps clear that code. Anytime electrical gets messed with it seems like you need to disconnect the battery, at least in my limited experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It actually cleared itself. Once I got car completely put back together. I backed it out of garage and it removed the error code on its own. So now it's time to rip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts