Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any interest in some complete billet cylinders for the Teryx? We have the capabilities in house to manufacture complete billet cylinders. We cam full billet cylinders for many bikes and water craft and have been doing it for years. If we get some interest we could pump a few of these things out? What do you guys think?

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
Any interest in some complete billet cylinders for the Teryx? We have the capabilities in house to manufacture complete billet cylinders. We cam full billet cylinders for many bikes and water craft and have been doing it for years. If we get some interest we could pump a few of these things out? What do you guys think?

I was going to build them for my 1000cc by Ice Cube but they wanted $10,000 to build the first one and the cost of each cylinder after that left no room for profit so I didn't do it.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well as you know we can build them COMPLETELY IN HOUSE and they wont be 10k ..... or even 1/2 of that.

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
Well as you know we can build them COMPLETELY IN HOUSE and they wont be 10k ..... or even 1/2 of that.
What I would rather have is cast big bore cylinder that would take up to 93mm piston like the 450r cylinders. And if you can build them for the right price it might be a good idea to build one's for my 840 kits because that is my biggest seller. I hate buying stockers and then having to bore and nicasil them all over again.

·
KFXokie
195 Posts
I like where Mickey was going with the twin 450 R billet cylinders. That would be about 100 HP beast I'm guessing!? Wouldn't it be stronger to have a billet cylinder verses a 840 bored out?

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
I like where Mickey was going with the twin 450 R billet cylinders. That would be about 100 HP beast I'm guessing!? Wouldn't it be stronger to have a billet cylinder verses a 840 bored out?
No that wasn't where I was going. Dasa has some caster bigger 500cc cylinders I have used on my 450r's that were bigger then stock and were better then boring and renicasiling. I would like to get away from buying Kawasaki cylinders to mod to the 840. I don't see any real gains going to billet cylinders if you are going to have them resleeved. I can just resleeve the stock cylinders up to 93mm for my 1000cc kits now. I would rather have a cylinder that is ready to go as a 90mm 840cc that I can sell out right with out having to buy cores all the time,if the pricing was right.

·
chickabowow
1,224 Posts
No that wasn't where I was going. Dasa has some caster bigger 500cc cylinders I have used on my 450r's that were bigger then stock and were better then boring and renicasiling. I would like to get away from buying Kawasaki cylinders to mod to the 840. I don't see any real gains going to billet cylinders if you are going to have them resleeved. I can just resleeve the stock cylinders up to 93mm for my 1000cc kits now. I would rather have a cylinder that is ready to go as a 90mm 840cc that I can sell out right with out having to buy cores all the time,if the pricing was right.

That would be great so the customer doesnt have the issue also of sending cylinders out

·
Registered
60 Posts

Ill take two sets. What kind of pricing.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will have some details on this monday. We are pretty sure we can increase the size of the water jackets too.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are interested in doing these ........ They would be about $550.00 per cylinder with sleeves of your choice installed.

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there are ported heads available :eek:k:
yes there are .... we now have our 5 axis cnc port ready to go. I will post up some info and prices on AFFORDABLE CNC ported heads for the teryx in a week or so. All cnc porting is again DONE IN-HOUSE We will also have dyno numbers on a 840 kit with stock heads and with our CNC ported heads in about 4 weeks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
DASA,

CNC ported heads???
Fighting off you and Four Stroke Tech's 840 are going to combine to really make it tough for me to leave that little engine alone and concentrate on my '56 F-100 build.
But what the hey, it has only been waiting since '83.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts