Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Took home my new teryx last night and hauled up to Gorman today. I rode it for about 15 minutes, then it started smoking (white smoke), lost power, then died. After it cooled down, I was able to start it up, and load it back in my truck. I started it up at home today and it sounds normal, but starts smoking again after a couple of minutes. I am pretty peeved and can't wait to call the dealer Tuesday. Has anyone heard of this or have any ideas what might have happened? I checked oil dip stick and it's not contaminated with water, but oil is definately coming out of exhaust pipe.:cry:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
How high is the oil on the dip stick? Some 750s have blow by if you keep them right full. You might have to drop a touch of oil out.

White smoke can be water, anti-freeze, or low compression issue. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that you mention it, the oil did seem high on the dip stick. What exactly is "Blow by"? Loosing power and dying, is this what would happen with too much oil in the case?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Blow bye is when the oil gets past the rings and hence the smoking effect...usually caused by too much oil... I am sure that the oil mix doesn't burn as good as gas only! There's your engine troubles...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks pactech. I'm still taking it to dealer tomorrow and also just realized they sold me the teryx with over 9 hours on it (It was supposed to be new). I doubt Kawasaki puts 9 hours on every new teryx at the factory. Maybe this was a "Lemon" buy back or something.

·
KFXokie
195 Posts
Mine did the same thing

I had the same thing happen Saturday. Mickey with Four stroke tech answered my concern about a blown engine. Check inside your air breather and look in your carbs to see if there is any oil in there. He emailed me a fix that should take care of it. PM him and I am sure he would help. I had oil dripping out of both cylinders in the exhaust and had lost about a quart of oil. Cleaned everything best I could and ran it Sunday until all the oil was burnt out of the exhaust. This seems to be a problem with the 750s. Mickey said it wouldn't hurt anything.
When mine did it, I was on full throttle and went over a hump when it sucked the oil up into the carbs. FYI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts