Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cycle Worx 101 - UTV Worx
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I sold the wifes Rhino over the weekend so she went and bought a new Teryx. I havent had it out yet, just around the shop. Cant wait to start playin with it.
Two Bro's Dual Exhaust Coming.
Bilstein Shocks Coming .
1 3/4 Wheel Spacers/Adapters to Rhino Bolt Pattern Coming.
Start on the Cage next week.
Then to Paint. Wont be done by the 4th but Im trying like hell.
Eventaully doing Long Travel and 840 Big bore on the engine.

What CDI seems to be the better one?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just out of curiousity what made you decide to sell the rhino and upgrade to a Teryx? Gives me a greater satisfaction hearing it from a previous owner of a rhino.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just out of curiousity what made you decide to sell the rhino and upgrade to a Teryx? Gives me a greater satisfaction hearing it from a previous owner of a rhino.
Let me start off by saying I still have two Rhino's. I wouldnt say "upgrade" to a Teryx more like ready to learn the Teryx. Ive tried most performance upgrades for the Rhino and now Im ready to start with the Teryx. The Rhino is a hard machine to beat, I have put them through some very harsh conditions. Yes, Ive broke a few things. If the Teryx can handle the same abuse I have put my Rhinos through I will be impressed.

The V-Twin power is what Im really looking forward to. :D
though I must say 1 of my Rhinos runs pretty good. :drive1:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Let me start off by saying I still have two Rhino's. I wouldnt say "upgrade" to a Teryx more like ready to learn the Teryx. Ive tried most performance upgrades for the Rhino and now Im ready to start with the Teryx. The Rhino is a hard machine to beat, I have put them through some very harsh conditions. Yes, Ive broke a few things. If the Teryx can handle the same abuse I have put my Rhinos through I will be impressed.

The V-Twin power is what Im really looking forward to. :D
though I must say 1 of my Rhinos runs pretty good. :drive1:
I'll definately be looking forward to what you have to say, and the comparison you can bring to the table.

For me to say its an upgrade was being completely biased, seeing as I have never rode a rhino, just joshin ya ;).

I personally figure they will be close to even, and I give props to Yamaha for taking the first step into making a Side By Side class.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the front bumper. Went ahead and mounted the light bar to the stock cage for the 4th weekend. Will work on the cage after the 4th. These last couple of pics are from my cell phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice Job!

·
Registered
51 Posts
the cdi to get is a dynatek. i know that most people get them and rebrand them to there own shop but i would hit up dragonfire racing. they have some in stock and i think they are around 225. the best thing to get is an intake, jet kit and cdi, they all compliment each other and make the kawi scream

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update. I just spent 10 days in the sand, alittle over 340 miles and not one problem. So far so good with the Teryaki (my nick name for it). I was able to get my Two Bro's Dual Exhaust installed and the carb rejetted. This thing hauls ass!. My race Rhino will just stay ahead of it. Over $32,000 invested and can barely out run a almost stock Teryx. When it comes to hills my Rhino engine really shines though, it just doesnt slow down. The overall performance of the Rhino is way better, but the Teryaki is still stock. Im working with Bilstein on the shocks and will have some info on them whe I get back from Dunefest coming up at the end of the month. We tried one set already and though the performed good they still need some valving changes. I will have pics of the new cage in a day or so when it gets finished.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love the frt. bumper. Did you make it yourself? If so are they for sale?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update. I just spent 10 days in the sand, alittle over 340 miles and not one problem. So far so good with the Teryaki (my nick name for it). I was able to get my Two Bro's Dual Exhaust installed and the carb rejetted. This thing hauls ass!. My race Rhino will just stay ahead of it. Over $32,000 invested and can barely out run a almost stock Teryx. When it comes to hills my Rhino engine really shines though, it just doesnt slow down. The overall performance of the Rhino is way better, but the Teryaki is still stock. Im working with Bilstein on the shocks and will have some info on them whe I get back from Dunefest coming up at the end of the month. We tried one set already and though the performed good they still need some valving changes. I will have pics of the new cage in a day or so when it gets finished.

I've got a rhino right now, and am in dire need of more power (significantly more) since most of my time is spent in the dunes... I'm trying to decide if the best route is going to be hopping up the mostly stock rhino, or possibly moving on to a teryx which seems to be much easier to make power with.

Are you planning on bringing both the race rhino and teryx to dunefest? I'll be there all week, and if possible, would like to check them out. I unfortunately haven't yet seen much in the way of modded rhinos to use for comparison in Florence, where I usually do my duning.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yes I will have both the Rhino and the Teryaki there. My one major goal is Im going up Banshee hill with dirt tires on my Rhino.

Here is a couple pics of my Rhino.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweet looking ride, and some good air to boot!

I've only been there once before, and then only saw RZR's climb it. I wouldn't imagine it would take crazy horspower to do it in a rhino, but I know I wouldn't make it.. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts