Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a super atv flip up windshield and I see some people are putting on wax and some people are ceramic coating them to keep them from getting scratched up , so I need to hear what is the best thing to do to my new windshield to try to keep it from getting all scratched up , Thanks

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
270 Posts
Just be aware of how you clean it, don't use anything with ammonia or alcohol and use a microfiber cloth and/or a chamois and you'll be good. They recommend just water and dish soap for regular cleaning. A lot of people use pledge furniture polish or one of the ammonia free foaming cleaners - and there are some products made specifically for polycarbonate like Plexus but they are pretty expensive for regular use. I put a few coats of wax on both sides of mine maybe twice a year to make it easier to clean off the mud and dirt. I know some people that actually apply an almost clear window tint to them to protect from scratches, almost like a tear off on moto goggles. But I think the biggest thing is to just be careful when cleaning it really, make sure you spray off any mud or dirt with water before wiping it down so you're not pulling that dirt around on it. I carry a small weed sprayer full of water on my machine when I'm trail riding just so I have clean water to spray it down with if I need to. I made a bonehead move and scratched mine on the first trip out with it. We stopped at a gas station and I grabbed one of the squeegees by the pump to wipe some water off and I didn't realize right away that the damn rubber flap was missing on it so I dragged the metal piece along my windshield - put a nice scratch on the drivers side. :oops: Stupid move on my part, lesson learned, lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do not wipe a dirty plastic windshield. ALL mud and dirt must be removed with a spray of water. Otherwise, it will have scratches. We keep a small pump style weed sprayer with us with water in it. When it gets stuff on it, we stop and spray it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts