Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With adding the 30” Wheels the brakes just are not as effective. The brakes weee never great in the machine. Does anyone know of a brake upgrade for the t4? I’m having trouble finding anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
886 Posts
Arm Organ Human body Spider-man Gesture

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Brute performance does for having portals, but been out of stock for awhile now, however I bought their extended dept brake pads, and noticed a big difference. If you still have good pads you can close your gap in your caliber by removing your break fluid cap and pump ur breaks once and putting cap back on, so your no flooring it to stop, just make sure u still have a little gap between your pads and rotors
All due respect, that makes no sense at all. There is no way to control the gap between the pads/calipers and the rotor. The only reason you would have an excessive gap between the pads/calipers is if the wheel bearing is bad and wobbling, or the rotor had a really bad wobble, which "pushes" the caliper open as they rotate. Air in the brake system could also cause you to have to pump the brakes.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for the delay I keep finding squirrels!!! EBC FA 165 SV
I just put those on. They are better but I still want more. The biggest issue I’m having is not holding on a super steep hill and rolling backwards. Not a fun experience on the type of trails we ride on. Doesn’t seem to have this issue going forwards.

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
Everything!!
100 Posts
I just put those on. They are better but I still want more. The biggest issue I’m having is not holding on a super steep hill and rolling backwards. Not a fun experience on the type of trails we ride on. Doesn’t seem to have this issue going forwards.

An upgrade to the Severe Duty pads will be our SXR pads, more info found here and recommended retailer in the link in our signature below

1 - 12 of 12 Posts