Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
riding today in foot of snow in 4wheel lock at about 10kph when loud bang and no go.figured blew a belt ,took apart to change and found half of the driven clutch outer sheave had broken completely off and was jammed between clutchs.Has anyone heard of this happening before.It is a 2015 teryx 800,stock clutches

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Damn, never heard of that. How many miles on the machine? Did that unit receive the clutch recall from Kawasaki?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Warranty should cover it but I've never seen one do that either. Let us know what Kawa says about it. If for some reason Kawa doesn't cover it get with JBS Performance and Accessories on here or Facebook is best place to catch him as he on the phone 80% of the time but check online while during or between calls. If you have to spend money to replace do so with mod sheave and weights to help gearing in snow and mud. Best clutch out there, check out his work on U Tube as well.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I’m curious too, to see what Kawasaki says. Keep us posted. Haven’t had any warranty work on mine but always curious how they handle stuff. Hope it’s in your favor though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is 2015 with approx 10 thousand km.No clutch recall on that year i beleive.Still on warranty by a month.Just under the wire.Dealer said never heard of before but thats what every dealer tells me when i bring in an issue even if its all over the web.Will find out in the next couple days what they will cover.I will try to post a pic if i can remember how,

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
warranty covered the clutch,not sure about belt yet.new clutch also seems to have resolved the issue of loud bang seems like trying to jump out of gear when in 4wd under load.Other members have commented on this issue as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
riding today in foot of snow in 4wheel lock at about 10kph when loud bang and no go.figured blew a belt ,took apart to change and found half of the driven clutch outer sheave had broken completely off and was jammed between clutchs.Has anyone heard of this happening before.It is a 2015 teryx 800,stock clutches
Mine broke day before yesterday. I was riding along about 20 and bang it just broke no warning at all. Is this common if so is there a stronger replacement part available ?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
860 Posts
I haven't heard of this until I saw this thread just now.
What year is your Teryx, how many miles on it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine did is a week ago. Has an extended warranty but I replaced it because of the wait time and uncertainty of whether or not it would be covered under warranty (from the phone call). The cost to disassemble and diagnose would be on me IF it was not covered . Even though I had pictures to show, their techs needed to take the pictures. :rolleyes: I just hung up the phone and ordered the clutch and new belt.

I might order a new sheave and fix the original so I have a spare if it happens again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts