Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

i cant find the answer to my question so im asking it here. how much lift will the brute performance better ride lift give without changing spring preload? im wanting around an 1" to 1.5" lift.

thanks.

·
Aug 2020 TOTM Winner
155 Posts
I installed the BP lift on my 2012 4 door about a year ago and got about 1.25" of lift. The instructions state that in order to get the full lift height, the spring collars need to be cranked up to increase preload. I left the front alone and cranked my rears up about 2 or 3 turns. With the lift on, the ride feels much softer and comfortable - this is the reason why I cranked the rears up, as I felt the back was too soft and needed it to be a bit firmer.

The install was very easy and the quality of the components are excellent. Everything fit together with no problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, thanks for the reply. im wanting a better ride but not much lift. i have kids in the back so it doesnt sag usually. i dont like the idea of wheel spacers personally but ill have to have them to get back to the original width.

·
Aug 2020 TOTM Winner
155 Posts
I am with no spacers. I think my width decreased by maybe an inch (probably less). I disconnected the swaybar at the same time I installed the lift and haven't looked back. The ride is improved and it's perfect for what the bike was built for - riding around with my wife and 2 kids on firebreak roads and easy to moderate trails. I will say that if I could fit the bike on the trailer with spacers or a more offset wheel, I'd probably do it to increase my width a little. As it sits, it's a very tight fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts