Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the last several rides I notice I smell like I’ve been using a chainsaw or a weed eater all day. There is no noticeable smoke from the exhaust. Is this normal and I just never noticed it before or is this a sign I’m burning oil?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2016 Teryx4 just came back from the shop for burning oil. Mine had a intermittent puff of white smoke that would come out of the exhaust that I couldn't see driving it. A buddy following me brought it to my attention. They ended up having to replace the piston rings on mine to a tune of $2500! Hope you don't have the same issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2016 Teryx4 just came back from the shop for burning oil. Mine had a intermittent puff of white smoke that would come out of the exhaust that I couldn't see driving it. A buddy following me brought it to my attention. They ended up having to replace the piston rings on mine to a tune of $2500! Hope you don't have the same issue.
Mine is a 2012. If that’s what’s wrong I’ll just keep driving it till it quits then by a new one

·
Registered
88 Posts
With your engine running pull out your air filter. flip over the air filter and put it back, if it keeps running you have an air leak and its sucking up dirt and most likely going to ruin your engine. It could also just be your valves way out of adjustment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With your engine running pull out your air filter. flip over the air filter and put it back, if it keeps running you have an air leak and its sucking up dirt and most likely going to ruin your engine. It could also just be your valves way out of adjustment.
Thanks. I tired this and it died so I guess I can rule out air leak

1 - 5 of 5 Posts