Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Can’t figure it out need help ASAP

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Andy> 
#1 ·
Ok so I can’t get my 2017 Teryx4 800 to stay running yes first think most people say is fuel filter.. already checked it.. here is what it’s doing... turn key on fuel pump kicks on then off.. Teryx fires up runs for 2-3 seconds then shuts off, checked fuel lines, all good pulled pump out checked filter, all good hooked up pump straight to battery, pumped without a problem hooked a test light up to pump power source and once the motor starts to turn over The pump does not come back on. I’ve tried unplugging the tip sensor, pulling all cables from power source, removing all accessories to rule out a wiring mistake on my behalf, just not sure what else I can do! Nothing has been unplugged or anything except fuel pump I painted my frame rolled everything back then when I put all my grounds and all that I wire wheeled everywhere a ground went, also grounded the sxs frame and battery with an alternative cable to eliminate a ground issue I’m not sure what else to do if anyone can help please any input would be much appreciated!!!!!

#2 ·
So this all just started out of the blue one day(ran fine one day and not the next) or it wouldn't run after you put it back together after painting the frame?
Just so we're on the same page, engine will run for 2-3 seconds on it's own then die. You have power at the fuel pump while it primes with key in the run position but it goes out in the start position?
Do you have power at the pump while the engine it running?
Gotta ask the dumb easy things... did you check all your fuses? Loose ground or power at the battery or elsewhere.
I recall reading people having loose ground wires up under the rh top firewall.

#5 ·
So this all just started out of the blue one day(ran fine one day and not the next) or it wouldn't run after you put it back together after painting the frame?
Just so we're on the same page, engine will run for 2-3 seconds on it's own then die. You have power at the fuel pump while it primes with key in the run position but it goes out in the start position?
Do you have power at the pump while the engine it running?
Gotta ask the dumb easy things... did you check all your fuses? Loose ground or power at the battery or elsewhere.
I recall reading people having loose ground wires up under the rh top firewall.
After I painted the frame and put it all back together is when I had the problem that’s why I feel like I’m over looking something but can’t find it

goes out in the run or on position after it primes

no power at pump while running I’m guessing it runs just off the prime then dies

as far as I can tell my grounds are good I’m gonna go threw and recheck I wire wheeled everywhere a ground goes onto the frame since i painted the frame

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.