Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2015 Teryx4 LE Green
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law's 2014 maverick max xrs burnt to the ground thanksgiving night. He bought it new as a left over 6 months ago it had less than 500 miles on it. He was on his way home and he could smell oil burning so he pulled over and it shut off. When he looked back he saw the flames. By the time they got out and away it was totally engulfed in flames. All thats left is the frame and the half melted engine. Has anyone else heard of these maverick's burning up like this?
IMG_20151127_032813703.jpg

·
Premium Member
836 Posts

Yes I have that's my Friends 2014 at Carolina adventure world

2011 sport lsr mid travel 28 Itp baja cross all the way around with some elkas

·
2015 Teryx4 LE Green
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Did can-am cover any of that or did he have to go through his insurance? Did they figure out what caused his fire?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Pretty sure there was one that was almost new and burned up in someone's driveway, too.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Started In rear or around engine and insurance took care of it not canam

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Did can-am cover any of that or did he have to go through his insurance? Did they figure out what caused his fire?
This one looks like it started in the back, gas can spillage? A lot of SXS fires are due to this.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts

What's burning in the woods to the left of the second pic??

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
What's burning in the woods to the left of the second pic??

The woods

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Dude was not carrying extra gas or fire extinguishers he has 2 now fire did catch woods on fire

·
Registered
198 Posts
A friend had the foam under the cup holders drop down and catch fire on the exhaust but we caught it in time to prevent any damage! 2014 Commander less than 300 mi!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend had the foam under the cup holders drop down and catch fire on the exhaust but we caught it in time to prevent any damage! 2014 Commander less than 300 mi!!
My brother in law's 2014 maverick max xrs burnt to the ground thanksgiving night. He bought it new as a left over 6 months ago it had less than 500 miles on it. He was on his way home and he could smell oil burning so he pulled over and it shut off. When he looked back he saw the flames. By the time they got out and away it was totally engulfed in flames. All thats left is the frame and the half melted engine. Has anyone else heard of these maverick's burning up like this?
View attachment 23558
What was final outcome? I bought a brand new maverick and was driving it home and had gone less than 5 miles and mine bust into flames and I barely got out of it and lost a lot of my beard and hair from having to exit thru a wall of flames!

·
2015 Teryx4 LE Green
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can am didn’t cover anything, he had insurance but was still out a couple grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts