Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aug 2020 TOTM Winner
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waffling back and fourth between leaving well enough alone and adding a 2" lift to my Teryx4. The bike functions just fine, and works quite well for what I use it for, but I find myself often wishing for a little more clearance when out on the trails. Adding a lift would give me that clearance and some options when it's time to shop for new tires.

Brute Performance had 3 of their "bracket ride improvement kits" left in stock today... When I saw the number drop to 2, I decided to pull the trigger and order a kit.

My bike needs to fit in my 5'x10' trailer and as it sits (all stock), it BARELY fits - I literally have to cram it on there as the rear tires ride right up against the trailer sides. I've read that the lift kit will suck the tires in some, and wheel spacers are needed to get it back to it's original width.

I have a few questions...
What brand of spacers will work with my 12" OEM wheels (I have a 2012 Teryx LE)?
Will a 1" spacer work without cutting or filing my wheel studs?
Seems I have some difficulty sourcing these spacers up. Anyone have a lead on where I can get them?

I plan to see how much of a difference the width of the machine is after the lift is put on. I'm thinking I may either do 1" spacers all around, or 1.5" up front and 1" (or no spacer) in the back - All this of course, is contingent on the measurements post lift kit install.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
48 Posts
I just recently put the SuperATV 2 inch lift on mine with 1.5 inch wheel spacers on the rear wheels. Super ATV was out of stock for their wheel spacers so I went the High Lifter wheel spacers. I have a 2019 so I had to put minimum 1.5 inch wheel spacers on the rear so the tire would clear the shock. I'm going to add the wheel spacers to the front in the future. My trailer is 6x14 so I don't have the width issues you have. Looking at the 2012 width, I am seeing it is 58.5 inches. Depending on the lift and the wheel spacer, you are pushing it.

Hopefully this helps a little???? I do recommend the SuperATV lift as it is an easy bolt on lift with no drilling.

Reactions: Hawaii_Built

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
369 Posts
I have a 2" perfex lift on my 2020t4 it narrowed the track width slightly maybe an inch or so. I never measured. I went with this type of lift cause I didn't want wheel spacers and wanted to keep the stock narrow wheels. The narrow width after the lift is noticeable when I load it in the back of my truck. I only put on maybe 200 kms before installing the lift so didn't notice a big change in stability on the trail. I don't have any plans to widen it back to stock width. It works good for me the way it is. I prefer to stay narrow so I can still haul it in the truck bed and to fit down the narrow quad trails a lot easier. And I don't get much much thrown up either.

Reactions: Hawaii_Built

·
Aug 2020 TOTM Winner
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Brute Performance lift has shipped, and from what I've read it'll yield anywhere between 1.25 - the full 2 inches of lift depending on preload adjustment on the shocks. I'll take some measurements pre-install and post-install and decide on spacers then. From what I'm reading, the track width may not be significantly changed if I choose not to go the full 2 inches.

Can anyone confirm 1" spacers will work on the OE wheels without grinding down wheel studs?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I may be answering too late for you, but...

I've used SuperATV and Highlifter 1" spacers. Both work with the OEM 2014 wheels without grinding the stock wheel studs. I like the Highlifter spacers more as they have class 12.9 studs. The SuperATV studs are labled 'U176', which I've stripped 3 of so far (using the correct torque). SuperATV replaced 2 spacers the last time I had an issue, and last week sent me a new stud under warranty. I ended up pressing out all the U176 studs and putting in after market studs.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
111 Posts
Thanks! After lift install, I decided to hold off on the spacers.
Did you adjust the preload at all after the BP lift install? How much lift did you end up getting? I am thinking of installing the BP lift on mine mostly to get the shock angle change and apparent ride improvement but I don't want to increase the center of gravity very much if possible...

·
Aug 2020 TOTM Winner
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got about 1.25 inches of lift, front and rear with the Brute Performance lift. The rear preload was adjusted by about 3 turns of the collar, and the front sway bar was disconnected at the time of the installation. The tires did suck in and I lost about 1 inch of track width on both the front and the rear. I may add 1 inch spacers up front in the future, but am positive that adding the in the back will prevent me from fitting my bike on my trailer - it's a tight fit.

The ride is significantly softer and more comfortable. It's perfect for my leisurely riding style with the family and does not feel tippy or unstable.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
111 Posts
I got about 1.25 inches of lift, front and rear with the Brute Performance lift. The rear preload was adjusted by about 3 turns of the collar, and the front sway bar was disconnected at the time of the installation. The tires did suck in and I lost about 1 inch of track width on both the front and the rear. I may add 1 inch spacers up front in the future, but am positive that adding the in the back will prevent me from fitting my bike on my trailer - it's a tight fit.

The ride is significantly softer and more comfortable. It's perfect for my leisurely riding style with the family and does not feel tippy or unstable.
thanks for the info. I am planning to order the lift when Brute Performance gets them back in stock and I will disconnect the swaybar as well. I am running 2" spacers right now just to gain a little track width and I have a set of 28" tires ready to go on when I get time. The only time I have noticed a tippy or unstable feeling was when riding technical trails down in TN... when you're machine is leaning off camber towards a cliff and you're still lifting tires it can really pucker you up in a hurry!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts