Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
has anyone tried a car muffler on UTV ?
will it work, any issues with using one ?
thanks
I've contemplated taking teryx to a muffler shop and having them design something. A muffler expert probably needs to figure out what the proper parameters should be like back pressure and flow rates. If they are not right, then engine will probably run all messed up or not run at all.

I want a quieter ride but not at the expense of shortening the life of the machine. I think an expert could figure something out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,157 Posts
I actually don't think much of the noise you hear from the drivers seat has much at all to do with the muffler. I have heard that a lot of it comes from the air intake under the dash as well as the fact that the engine sits right there beside you between the seats.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah, I don't think any muffler expert will be able to come up with any exhaust mods that make the air intake, clutch, belt and the innards of the engine quieter.

I'm thinking maybe covering the console, headliner and windshield frame with tufted velvet and some laying down some thick shag carpet on the floor to help with noise.

Reactions: jermlac and Haywire

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,157 Posts
LOL. Back to the 70's!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually don't think much of the noise you hear from the drivers seat has much at all to do with the muffler. I have heard that a lot of it comes from the air intake under the dash as well as the fact that the engine sits right there beside you between the seats.
I have done everything to eliminate the noise, I believe that the muffler is 90% of the noise coming out. My next move is going to be a quite muffler. The Teryx is by far the loudest machine out there I am going to install a muffler so it hasn’t got the sound of my farm tractor.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do you have a full front windshield and back window? I didn't notice a ton of noise until I added those. All I hear is the air intake, clutch/belt and engine/drivetrain noise. That all drowns out the exhaust for the most part on mine. I also usually carry 3 kids in the back so it's hard to hear much else from back there lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts