Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Work blows, I wanna ride !!
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys doing to protect your radio from getting wet, i.e. when washing the car ??

I have a kenwood tm-271a that I got to use 1 time then it got wet while washing the car, the rest is a long story....not sure it's going to get fixed.

Now I got a new vertex from Rugged. I guess i could pull it out every time i wash it, but that's kind of a pain.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
J-Strong Roof. And it has a plastic sealable cover over the radio.

·
Freedom Is Not Free.
287 Posts
I mounted all mine to the underside of the roof, put plastic bag over them when I wash it but really never gets wet under there. I mounted it all under there in case I would get in a nasty rain storm while riding so far no problems

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
hose it off, use it clean:icon_thumleft: never had a problem with water. mines in the cup-holder area with the rugged plate junkie fibered:icon_thumleft:

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
hose it off, use it clean:icon_thumleft: never had a problem with water. mines in the cup-holder area with the rugged plate junkie fibered:icon_thumleft:
chad.... can i get a close up of your radio setup in the dash?

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I have the same thing as chad, I just am careful how I spray around the radio..... Of course next time I will smoke it:nuts:

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same thing as chad, I just am careful how I spray around the radio..... Of course next time I will smoke it:nuts:
I thought I was careful too :sad:

·
Registered
509 Posts
What's with the washing these things? :nuts: You ride in the sand. Just get yourself a good blower and wipe some things down... :razz:

Just kidding, I'm a clean freak too myself. Put the plastic or just be very careful with the H20.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
The VX2200 is a pretty bullet proof radio; However, it is not waterproof so never put water directly on it. Most people put freezer bags over them with some tape.....works like a charm!

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's not like I intentionally sprayed the radio down. Lol.

It just happened to get wet, small amount of water got into faceplate,cracked it open to dry & well, it all went downhill from there.

I'm just finishing up my vertex install. I'll get pics up when it's done.

Sent via my Droid X....
God Bless America, Land of the free BECAUSE of the brave.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts