Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

CDI Box

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  HWTodd 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a few questions regarding CDI box.
1) What is the mph increase upon installation?
2) Is factory warranty ok with CDI installation?
3) What is average hp increase with CDI installation?
4) I assume fuel consumption is better with CDI box installation?
5) What other "easy" not "engine internal" can be done to improve performance of the Teryx?

Looking to increase speed and hp for what we use our Teryx for.

I should have stated a Upgraded CDI Box like a Dyna.

#2 · (Edited)
I just put the "CDI" Black box from dyna in my Teryx Before it went 51mph on the new digital dash I just got from UTV Crap - UTV Crap after it went 63mph was my fastest run but it seamed to run out of fuel not RPM I had to wait a few seconds after I hit 63 it was kinda bogging down but then it would come back I also am running my billet exaust tip that you can also get from UTV Crap - UTV Crap
Factory Warranty im sure is not ok with the box but it is only two screws and two quick release harnesses to change it out to th estock box
I have no ideal about fuel usage yet

#3 ·
MDistler,

This is Todd over at Hunterworks

You can expect about 8 miles an hour in top speed

The felt performance is pretty nice as you get rid rid of the 0-5mph timing curve Kawi puts in there so you get a nice change in power on the bottom.

The added HP is about 3 to 4 hp but don't let that fool you it feels like more.

As far as warranty is concerned, you are better off removing it when you go in for service to keep them at bay.

Fuel consumption might be better since you get a advanced timing curve but now you are going to have your foot in it more so that is a moot point.

As far as other easy mods we have a air intake or carb kit set up that works good. Even though we have been selling them we don't have them on the site yet because our video camera is getting repaired and we want to do a install video first.

When we figure out which exhaust works that will be a easy mod too.

Now you have to decide where to buy it. Your choice is buy it from a company who just sells stuff for a profit and knows little about the product or buy it from a company who is known for taking care of it's customers and having the tech support you may need. By the way we also double the factory warranty on the units. You can buy them off ebay for less money but I tell people that if all the work we do, the warranty and tech support is not worth $18 to you then you are buying it at the wrong place.

For anyone reading this a VDI is the name of the company who makes a CDI. VDI stands for Velocity Devices Inc.

Todd
Hunterworks

#4 · (Edited)
Boy im sure hes not talking about UTV Crap - UTV Crap being the company that just sells stuff because we need the money..and we dont know anything about the product we sell..lol...must be the ebay guys

Everybody knows I do all the new product testing and development our as in Mine "Johnny" and Nicks Cell phones are on 24-7 to help you guys out. Johnny 602-284-2430 go ahead and test me

Everybody knows we dont sell stuff that dont work..

Everybody knows for 4 years we didnt sell Dynojet jet kits for 45.00 dollars for rhinos when all you needed was a couple of 2.00 jets unless you had to have a dynojet kit

Everybody know when VDI did come out with a BOX for the Teryx we didnt start selling them JUST to make a sale we waited till we had a BOX that worked

Everybody knows Im a Dune nut and go to the dunes every two weeks during the winter testing rhinos, Rzrs, Teryx, and I also own www.SandBlasterMotorSports.com so I sell a Rail or two and drive a rail or two lol

Everybody knows we where with the first guys out on the rhino race tracks in Az with out race rhinos testing motors, clutchs, long travel kits.

And I Can assure you that I dont do UTVs Parts and Acc. and bring you one of the worlds largest selection of parts and acc. because I need the money..... WE DO it cause we love UTVs and riding, racin, breakin them and we Love doing it

so the post befor me must be talking about the ebay guys ........

If you want a straight answer give me a call loll

"Fuel consumption might be better since you get a advanced timing curve but now you are going to have your foot in it more so that is a moot point."

I have no ideal about fuel usage yet

sounds like he came behind to answer a month old post with the same thing I said ?

Heres me with 800hp straped to my butt

Lets try to stay on track and not talk about those EBAY guys ok Todd as we have alot of respert for hunter works and wouldnt want you to tarnish that by slamming ebay dealers

#5 ·
Todd, I'm getting ready to purchase a Teryx. I hear the clutch belts are a problem. Is there a fix. By the way, I want the VDI unit but there are 3 that I have seen on this site so fare which one works and what is the price. I also want 4 chrome offset rims for the stock tires (price as well). I also need an exhaust that works and not one like the Rhinos that do not work at all. I'm locating in the 90043 zip code so will shipping price be much more than worth it.

#7 ·
michaeltom401,

That is alot of questions and I do have an opinion for you. Just call me Tuesday at 1-888-626-7449

Johnny,

I have no idea what you are talking about I didn't mention utv crap. I'm sure you guys are great, I have not heard anything either way.

There are some good people on ebay, heck I sell our Rhino CDI on ebay. I was just saying you should know where you are buying something and make sure they can back it up. Some of the ebay dealers just sell product as do some websites and stores alike.

I do see where removed VDI from your first post where you called a CDI a VDI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.