Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a failure of the driven clutch (previous post) and have all the pieces here to put it back together.

My question comes to putting the belt on, more procedural than anything else.

Do I put the spreader bolts in and open the sheaves of the driven clutch, insert the belt and put it around the primary clutch, put all that in place, tighten up the nuts, remove the spreader bolts, then spin the pulleys backwards to tighten the belt up.

I have the service manual, but it does not explain step by step process. Process. I'm just unsure if I have to have the spreader bolts in place to put the belt on, or have the sheave faces closed.

Thank you in advance! Everybody have a wonderful weekend.

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
948 Posts
You need to spread the sheeves on the driven clutch to get enough slack in the belt to remove both CVT clutches and the belt together. I think pre-2014 there was room to roll the belt on, although it was only recommended as an emergency repair.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to spread the sheeves on the driven clutch to get enough slack in the belt to remove both CVT clutches and the belt together. I think pre-2014 there was room to roll the belt on, although it was only recommended as an emergency repair.

Mike
Thanks Mike!

After fiddling with it I figured it out, spread the sheaves and place both clutches on. When they're seated and nuts/washers finger tight, remove spreader bolts.

Couldn't find anything clear cut.

Again, thank you for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts