Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who has chopped their cage in the back and middle only, what affect did it have on the front pillars?

did you have to do anything to the front pillars to make it work properly?

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

·
Registered
79 Posts
I did a 4.25 rear chop, 0 to the front and cut the middle to fit. We didnt need to do much to fit the front pillar, just loosened the front and while we matched the middle and back, then tightened it down once we had it all in place.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AlphaPlex20,

Thanks for the quick reply, I may have not explained what I meant very well, when pulling down the roll cage down 4" in the back, did it kink or make the front pillars weaker? Wasn't sure how far you can flex the front before it buckles.

Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Took out 4 1/2 from back and 1 1/2 from front then cut middle to fit dragon fire lift in front and 28 inch tires 2” wheel spacers looks great works great

·
Registered
79 Posts
i had no kinks when re-tightening the front down. A little misaligned from the original position; however, it is only noticeable to the trained eye.

·
Registered
79 Posts
the "no-cut-front" was necessary for me to retain my DOT windshield without having to cut/weld it. I did the chop so i could fit my teryx into my enclosed trailer. I wish i wouldve done it sooner; not only for the fit, but i love the look of it more now that its chopped. Im 6'1" and i still fit comfortably in both front and back so i feel this is the cheapest and best looking teryx mod i have done; although, it can be a little involved for some who dont have access to a welder or other tools. Cant wait to see how others turns out. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
chop top

I have a 2013 teryx 4. I removed 3 inches in the read below the grab handle and 1 inch from the middle at the top. Hind sight I should have removed 1.25 inches from the middle. I have had no issues. I am 6'2"!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
the "no-cut-front" was necessary for me to retain my DOT windshield without having to cut/weld it. I did the chop so i could fit my teryx into my enclosed trailer. I wish i wouldve done it sooner; not only for the fit, but i love the look of it more now that its chopped. Im 6'1" and i still fit comfortably in both front and back so i feel this is the cheapest and best looking teryx mod i have done; although, it can be a little involved for some who dont have access to a welder or other tools. Cant wait to see how others turns out. Good luck.
What was your overall height after the chop? What size door does your trailer have?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
What was your overall height after the chop? What size is your trailer door?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,062 Posts
I chopped my T2, 4” out of the rear and cut the middle to fit, did not cut the front at all, use 1-1/4 IPS pipe (1.66” OD) as an internal sleeve
I also have a T2 PJ and I love the way your chop looks. I assume you used a pipe cutter to get good clean cuts? Looks like there is going to be some welding in my near future :grin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts