Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good product to help make dirt wash off easier, and clean the tires? And how do you all go about cleaning under the hood? I don't want to blast water in that area. I think my OCD might be a problem when it comes to keeping my Teryx clean like our Van. 馃槀

Registered
A pressure washer will help make dirt wash off easier. I wash under the hood by throwing the hood on the lawn upside down and washing it.
Really, I just use some carwash soap and wipe it down with a rag. I pressure wash everything, as mentioned by someone else in a different thread about this, go easy on the seats and decals. A little water won't hurt anything.
Don't set the nozzle on kill and go blowing holes through cv bots and flatten all the fins on the rad lol. You'd have to try pretty hard to spray something you're not supposed to.

Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
I have seen some people use foaming tire shine on their plastic bits and been amazing that mud and water seem to just fall off. Also, if you want a shine that repels water and makes cleaning the bike a lot easier, look into the new ceramic coatings/wax. Its really good on your windshields too (glass or plastic). The power washer shouldn't hurt anything as long as you listen to Andy's advice about not using too strong a stream. If you are not sure, start way back and slowing get closer to reach your desired effect.
Safety Note: DO NOT use a "Turbo" nozzle on your washer for cleaning your bike. They essentially just spin a pencil thin stream really fast. This stream can damage your bike and will shred your decals. Use a fixed fan spray instead (y)

Registered
I use the slick products. Put the spray on when it鈥檚 clean. Then when it鈥檚 muddy use the foam cannon and their soap and the mud falls off. Get the foam cannon for your power washer from amazon. 1/4 the price for the same cannon slick sells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. One other thing, how do you go about cleaning under the hood around the air filter case?

Registered
I just spray away. I go easy around the fuse box. The airbox is sealed fairly well, I'm pretty sure the intake for the airbox is tucked up under the dash at the front rh side of the console. So you'd have to try pretty hard to get water in there. I hit some muddy water holes that were just below seat height at a good speed and didn't get water in the airbox. There is a clear rubber drain cap on the bottom of the airbox too incase you do manage to get it wet inside.

Registered
Furniture polish works great for all the plastic parts. Plus mud doesn't stick to it as well next time or 5 out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts