Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a clutch kit out there for the teryx and is the kits worth doing? I am not looking for alot of top speed I want more bottom end.

·
Registered
186 Posts
vforcejohn.com

talk to john he's been doing the brutes and such for a while, he just did my teryx clutch last week. i did the stage III mods and ended up using a hpd plain primary spring. that spring is real aggresive its not going to be right for everyone. the cost was $350 and that includes 2nd day return shipping, the hpd spring was another $19. he machines and sends the clutch back the day he gets it in!

·
Registered
186 Posts
my teryx launches real hard off the line now and we got the clutch engagement rpm's up close to where they need to be now with the 840cc motor. the acceleration is awesome for a sxs. i hit just over 60mph on my driveway the other day and the belt hadn't even reached the top of the primary yet, didn't even get into the overdrive or overrev, whatever you want to call it! this weekend i wil shot some video from inside the teryx showing the gps, i'll keep my foot into it till i crap myself or my passenger does!

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
my teryx launches real hard off the line now and we got the clutch engagement rpm's up close to where they need to be now with the 840cc motor. the acceleration is awesome for a sxs. i hit just over 60mph on my driveway the other day and the belt hadn't even reached the top of the primary yet, didn't even get into the overdrive or overrev, whatever you want to call it! this weekend i wil shot some video from inside the teryx showing the gps, i'll keep my foot into it till i crap myself or my passenger does!
Hey chase what tool did you use to take off your clutch I tried to order
the one for the teryx and its on back order, did you use the one for the
brute with some modding

·
Registered
186 Posts
yes, i used the brute puller and got a drill bit that was the same size dia. as the end of the puller, cut a piece off the shank of the bit 16mm long cleaned up the ends and taped it to the end of the puller. if you don't tape it to the end of the puller it can drop down inside the clutch and become stuck, happened to me the first time. thats it works perfect!

·
Vendor
55 Posts
We are working on prototype parts for Teryx testing(If the Teryx ever shows up),and hopefully weather will settle here soon. I expect it will be a few months though before a clutch kit is released.The drive clutch on this model is different than previous Brute force models,but similar to the new clutch on the 08 EFI brute force...BUT...clutch calibration WILL be very different. There are some people speculating that a kit for a 08 brute would be something to try...IT WILL NOT be similar or related at all. Even Kawasaki's stock calibration of the secondary and the flyweight design is VERY different on this vehicle from a brute,..and it was done for a reason. People who just thow in parts from light weight atv's based on hearsay will burn belts.

Dalton Industries.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A clutch kit for a 600lbs. ATV will not work very well on a 1300lbs. UTV, wait until Dalton has something put together

1 - 11 of 11 Posts