Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve searched and can’t find a clutch puller for the 2017 cutches. I’ve seen them up tell 2013. Does a 2017 just use spreader bolts and not an actual clutch puller or am I just not finding the clutch puller anywhere. I’m needing to remove the primary and the secondary clutches. Thanks for any info and advise. ~Tyler

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
985 Posts
2nd Gen CVT clutches are not on a tapered shaft and do not require a puller. Use of the spreader bolts to open the sheeves to take tension off the belt is all that should be necessary.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2nd Gen CVT clutches are not on a tapered shaft and do not require a puller. Use of the spreader bolts to open the sheeves to take tension off the belt is all that should be necessary.

Mike
Thank you a ton for your reply! I was starting to think this must be the case, but having it confirmed puts my mind at ease! Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While the clutches are not designed to require a puller, it's not unusual to need one for the secondary. Believe I used a harmonic puller kit from the "free" loaner tool from a local chain autoparts.
Thanks for this advise! This is good to know. Also nice to know some of the parts stores might have one to borrow. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts