Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2-3” Leveling kit with Bilstein shocks, Pitman and Idler support brackets, and front and rear Cognito sway bars!

GM 01-Present 8-Lug vehicles, including the 1500HD, 2500, 2500HD, 3500, 2500 Suburban/YukonXL/Avalanche, and Hummer H2.

Let’s face it! GM has done us wrong by building one of the nicest and well built HD trucks on the market, and left it sitting with the stance, and tire size of a 2wd light duty truck! This has bothered me for some time, and I have spent countless hours trying to figure out how to cure this problem without a big lift and 35” tires. Our truck is used for family commuting, and towing a fifth wheel. So an enormous, noisy, and power robbing tire was out of the question. After reading nothing but positive reviews about the Cognito leveling kit, and the company, I looked no further.

www.CognitoMotorsports.com

The Cognito leveling kit consists of new upper front control arms which actually “better” the factory suspension geometry by utilizing longer Bilstein shocks that do not bottom out when the control arms are at full droop. The factory upper control arm hits the droop limiting stop on the frame before the maximum amount of travel is achieved. The new Cognito arm solves this problem! Anyone who has cranked their torsion bars on a 1500 or 2500 without running longer shocks has heard and felt this “condition”. These design changes by Cognito give the truck it’s full, “useable” suspension travel.

Cognito Motorsports

Cognito pitman and idler support kits were introduced when they found another issue with GM’s front end design. Pitman and idler arms have been known to wear pre-maturely. What they came up with was a way to brace the arms mounting points and remove any slop associated with it. They also developed a weld on gusset plate and idler arm pivot assembly to strengthen these weak points.

Cognito Motorsports

Considering this truck is used primarily for towing, we decided to install front and rear sway bars from Cognito to keep everything balanced from front to rear as well as some added overall stability! If your trailer likes to push your truck around these sway bars are for you.

Cognito Motorsports

My fifth wheel used to push my rear end around when cornering even with air bags. Now, with this combination, my truck tows like a dream! The ride quality has doubled and I was even re-assured of this when my wife, who could care less about trucks and stuff couldn’t get over how nice the ride is! Not to mention it looks awesome with the new 285/75/16 Nitto Durra Grapplers from Nitto, and Unleashed UTV! If you’re looking for a quiet, fairly aggressive highway tire, I must suggest the Nitto Dura Grappler!

Nitto Tire - High Performance Tires for Car and Truck Enthusiasts

Greg at www.UnleashedUTV.com has a set of these in 285/75/16 in stock, and gets great pricing on them or any other tire you may need!

I’m completely satisfied with my truck now! I believe this is what all GM trucks should sit like from the factory. I want to thank Cognito Motorsports, Nitto Tires, Unleashed UTV, and XTC Motorsports in Chandler for the install! If you’re in the need for parts or service for your custom car, truck, or UTV, check out XTC Motorsports and tell them Brian from the forums sent ya!

www.XTCMotorsports.net

If you're interested in any Cognito Motorsports product, contact Chad @ 661.588.8085 ext 200
Tell him RhinoForums, RZRForums, or TeryxForums sent ya!

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Anytime

Anything to help a brotha out Brian. Thanks for the P.R. Remember we mount and ballance for free unless they are some rubberband 20s or 24s or something of that nature..

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
No lift?!? No 35's or 37's?!? I can't breathe...:sick:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts