Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum and happy to be here. I have aw KRX with 38 miles on it now and wanted to share the following and see if you are in agreement and/or have any suggestions.

1. Machine had milky oil from the dealer. Called them brought it back, they opened a warranty claim, changed the oil and said it would be fine. Rode 30 miles in SC this past weekend and now all looks good. Any reason to not forget it and move on?

2. Camber is really negative on all 4 corners. Dealer says this is by design and per spec. I didn't notice and issues on the trail, but wanted your thoughts. Is this another item to forget about.

3. Spare Tire - I ordered a spare, but it is on indefinite back order. I measure my tires and they are 29.5" tall. Everyone else measure that for true height? Anyone figure out another brand tire that would work as a less expensive spare tire/wheel combo?

Thanks and look forward to learning from you all!

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
New to forum and happy to be here. I have aw KRX with 38 miles on it now and wanted to share the following and see if you are in agreement and/or have any suggestions.

1. Machine had milky oil from the dealer. Called them brought it back, they opened a warranty claim, changed the oil and said it would be fine. Rode 30 miles in SC this past weekend and now all looks good. Any reason to not forget it and move on?

2. Camber is really negative on all 4 corners. Dealer says this is by design and per spec. I didn't notice and issues on the trail, but wanted your thoughts. Is this another item to forget about.

3. Spare Tire - I ordered a spare, but it is on indefinite back order. I measure my tires and they are 29.5" tall. Everyone else measure that for true height? Anyone figure out another brand tire that would work as a less expensive spare tire/wheel combo?

Thanks and look forward to learning from you all!

Welcome Freeagent1congrats & enjoy
Some thoughts on milky oil window it's been said most new vehicles sit at dealership for long periods get that from humidity that can't be burned off until the motor fully heats long enough
Not sure and haven't noticed negative camber even though I haven't ajusted the pre load up yet our KRX squats the rear Axel's with our heavy tool box and spare
We bought a spare from Rocky Mnt atv tusk rim & 31 " x10 x 15 forgot brand... tire only one same size I could find at the time I like the Carnivore's a lot I'm sure there's better out there 32s- 35s

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
1. Is condensation built up by short engine run cycles so it should be a none issue.

2. The negative camber is for body roll and tucking the tires under to keep from flipping there is a picture somewhere on facebook shows the KRX next to a Talon both corning hard, it illustrates the side load forces the camber on the KRX is almost at zero and the Talons is positive. Positive condition in corning can make it easier to roll the car over.

3. People have been listing take off tire and wheels on FB.

Also welcome and happy motoring

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shock Therapy just did a really great video on camber and specifically calls out why the KRX is setup the way it is. TLDR - they designed it like a trophy truck and it's a much better design than all the competitors.

Really educational vid he did explaining how and why of the designs, camber, track width scrub, etc.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yup, quit whining about Camber people. It is a good thing!

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
Yep watched the video last night very informative, I was shocked to hear how much toe change in the rear of the RZR it has four to five inches no wonder those cars try to swap ends in the rough whoops.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That is a great video. Who knew how much science went into our suspension??? Just one more thing to love about the KRX!

·
Registered
565 Posts
There is a negative as well. Video ignored it but is the reason others avoid camber. Tire wear and also less tire contacting ground. But it is better then most I agree with Kawa. Trade-off between amount of tire in contact vs scrub. Most choose scrub.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is a negative as well. Video ignored it but is the reason others avoid camber. Tire wear and also less tire contacting ground. But it is better then most I agree with Kawa. Trade-off between amount of tire in contact vs scrub. Most choose scrub.
I thought he mentioned something about not going over 1/2 degree of positive on the video. But that video is great for people just trying to understand the basics and why things are set up how they are. Used to be you just rode how they came from the factory for the most part, at least we did. Nice to have an engineer like the guy in the video, that doesn’t get bogged down in the minutia like most engineers do, when trying to explain the simplest thing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
He did address that. He stated that with proper tire inflation you still get full contact with the entire contact patch. The tire would have to be grossly over inflated to not get the full contact. His words, I'm not just spit balling this... :) I really don't see wear being an issue because of the negative camber on these off-road machines. If it were a street vehicle, absolutely that would be very concerning, as well as a wear issue. On these, not worried at all about it. I think it's the visual that people want to avoid. I'll take the performance gains, thank you. :)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Shock Therapy just did a really great video on camber and specifically calls out why the KRX is setup the way it is. TLDR - they designed it like a trophy truck and it's a much better design than all the competitors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEcqcJrxEdo

Really educational vid he did explaining how and why of the designs, camber, track width scrub, etc.
Just came across this, great video.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts