Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new here,I have a rhino 660 was thinking of 700fi now i hear all the talk about the teryx. what to do???? anyone have one long enough to compare the two?

·
Official Booyaa Crew Member
166 Posts
I have a 660 rhino with long travel, and a new Stock Teryx. To hard to compare at this time. Im getting a long travel kit from So. Cal Fab as soon as he's done testing it. But Stock the Teryx has a lot more bottom end for sure.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jimmy, wait until you see So Cal Fabs set up it is SICK... Thad has it all mocked up right now and it is truly very well thought out and built to be bullet prof. He's not rushing to be first to market but rather putting in lots of R&D to insure it is perfect.. I personally think its one of the best looking arm kits ever put out for UTV's. Also the 4 person cage is sweet. Those should be getting close to being ready for market.. Well worth the wait if ya ask me..:D

·
Registered
314 Posts
we have both the 660 rhino and the teryx.. both built very similar, 4 seat cage, long travel, cdi. etc.. we like them both. the teryx has a better built frame, and the motor has more potential to build. i like where the parking brake is in the rhino better and the instrument panel cup holders, since we have the teryx with no dash or cup holders. i like where the filler neck is better on the rhino (when putting alum doors on)

973 Posts
When I took my "box stock" Teryx to Glamis for the Jagged Crash, I was beating Rhinos up the hill. I even went to Olds in reverse. Not to pick sides.....but I did the whole Rhino thing and I love the Teryx!

·
166 Posts
Jimmy, wait until you see So Cal Fabs set up it is SICK... Thad has it all mocked up right now and it is truly very well thought out and built to be bullet prof. He's not rushing to be first to market but rather putting in lots of R&D to insure it is perfect.. I personally think its one of the best looking arm kits ever put out for UTV's. Also the 4 person cage is sweet. Those should be getting close to being ready for market.. Well worth the wait if ya ask me..:D
Yah I talked to Thad the other day via Email. He told me a little about it! Sounds great but what do you expect? He did build the Rhino Longtravel kit that everybody TRIED to copy and compete with. So is he using your Teryx as a mock? As soon as it's done I want to check it out and get one on order.

Lets hit the Dunes for the BRP March 7-9.

I dont know if you remeber Brian (BORDHEAD) from the XR50 days? He was a local over at RhinoForums until he got the Boot today! He dunes it up with us too.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ya I remember Brian, I mostly remember spanking him on the XR 50. LOL
Thad is using my Teryx to mock every thing up. He 's got the rear arms done just waiting on the axles to get back. The cage is ready for final welding. He's starting on the fronts this week I think that should go pretty quick. He's design is sweet, he is using his trade mark SoCal Gull wing style arms and supports. Everything is new from the ground up, nothing taken from the Rhino Arms he already makes. I am having him use Sway Aways for shocks per his recommendation. I think we are looking at close to 15 inches of travel on a +5 arm. I would take some photos but I don't want to put anything out there due to the copy cats that show up almost right away. If your thinking of getting the arms I'd put the order in now.. they are really, really nice... Plus he's getting a ton of calls for the stuff already. He is also mocking up some bumpers that follow the lines of the body work.. . Can't wait for it to get done, just hope I don't need to go in for back surgery again in the next couple weeks for the 4th time:(... I'll see what we have going in March but sounds good as of now.

·
166 Posts
whats up with your back? To many falls on that 50?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I broke it pretty bad in high school racing motocross, then again when I was around 21 racing Jet skis at the world finals in Havasu. (it's kind of the reason I never really rode that hard with the CRF50 thing. I just enjoyed going out there and banging bars.. I did manage to blow out both knees though). Plus I've had one other surgery for 3 blown disks all fused now, plus a small titanium rod. I hurt it recently ridding my quad over new Years and then took a hard hit in my last Shifter Kart race. I think I re-injured the area around my last surgery.. I should know more this Thursday or when ever they get me in for the MRI. Right now I'm just dealing with the pain and staying optimistic. My son is just starting to ride and I want to be able to go out with him in a few years but we'll see how things pan out..

·
Registered
813 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some of these LT teryx's.. May have to do one myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts