21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Voltage. 44 ft toy hauler. 3 a/c units. 3500kw gen, 5 years old. Full size fridge, 12' garage 30 gal fuel station 40 gal genny tanks, , two bathrooms, one with a tub and shower, king in Master, two Queens in garage, twin loft, 4 recliners in main house. Lifetime spray on membrane roof, ,low mileage/ hours. Two A/C units replaced 18 months ago. 50k

·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No not yet. I might have to fix the old one again and use it for one last summer unless something else breaks. I found a broken leaf spring when I got home from our last trip, then got mad, cleaned it out and towed it back to the storage lot for the winter lol.
I'll keep my eyes open this spring around tax time when people are having to repay a bunch of that covid money they received while they were still working. I still like the layout of that jayco octane 29' zx with the 12' separate garage. The kids could sleep in the garage and the parole officer and I could have the front bed.

I'd like to take out the Teryx and my old rzr this summer if we go out on our own, that's the main reason I wanted a toyhauler. We always go out camping with other people with quads or sxs's and would like to go out on our own once in a while and have a backup unit to winch us out lol.

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
530 Posts
I'm shopping around, too. It seems to me that the TH manufacturers are not making a lot of SXS friendly models. Garages are tight. I've been looking at the Stealth Nomad. Not sure if it's available north of the border. It's more of a tricked out cargo trailer than the TH with the bells/whistles mamma would like me to drag home.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,641 Posts
Not sure where you guys are, but I'm thinking about putting mine up for sale. Its a 2004 Rage'N 30 foot bumper pull. Its in pretty good shape for the shape she's in. Holds my Teryx just fine, and even fits a KRX if you got someone skinny like my wife to drive it in. Fully self contained and fully functional, complete with a 4000 watt generator and 36 gallon fuel station. Its in Virginia so you do the math. The first $6,000 cash takes her home. She needs a good cleaning, and she's got a little wear and tear on her, but she's solid, doesn't leak and the tires are good to go. Note: The drop down bed was removed to make more headroom for the Teryx. I no longer have the frame, but we kept the mattress to lay on the floor after you pull the bike out. Works great and takes up a lot less room. You'll need a strong truck to pull it. If your interested or want more details, PM me. I'm only selling because I bought a 2nd home in WV so I don't have to haul this around anymore =)

·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
That's sounds like a great deal! If I were closer I'd come take a look. I'd consider one in a heartbeat if I could find one that cheap! All the decent ones around here are listing for $20,000cad/15k usd.

I wonder what it'd cost to ship it 2200 miles into Alberta?

do you know what the door height is by chance? I think my t4 is taller than the t2. Just curious if mine would in the opening being closer to 7’ tall at the back.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
My T2 has a 2" lift and is sitting on 28's. This is why I had to take the drop bed out. I'm a hair under 7 feet tall with this setup (I need to chop the cage) and I fit in the hauler with room to spare.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's time to upgrade my old holiday trailer. It's getting old, worn out, not worth much and the layout sucks for our family. I've been hauling my Teryx4 in the back of my truck which works fine but the platform I screwed in there wasn't well thought out. I can't use my tailgate, there's a bunch of wasted space under the deck etc...So I'm looking to see what toy haulers might fit this thing. Will be seriously shopping in the spring but wanted to see what everyone here had for opinions or things they like or don't like about theirs. Pro's and cons of metal sidings vs fiberglass etc..

I don't want a fifth wheel for a number of reasons, I don't have a fifth wheel hitch, I don't know anyone who has one, I don't want one, If I ever want to take two machines I'm sol as there's no way I could fit a Teryx and anything else in most toy haulers I'm considering. I like would like to have room in the truck box to haul crap like fire wood, gas cans, propane tanks, etc.. while pulling a trailer. Right now I'm putting all that stuff inside and underneath the Teryx while it's loaded in the truck box.

The things we want most in a trailer are have having 3, ideally 4 full time beds so we don't have to make and unmake beds everyday, a built in generator and fuel station would be nice too. A separate garage would be nice but not necessary.

So far the most ideal layout that's in my price range that I could find is a Jayco Octane zx t 29m like this one
Jayco octane Zx toy hauler | Travel Trailers & Campers | Lethbridge | Kijiji. But I have a feeling the Teryx won't fit in there unless you remove one of the bunks but won't know till I go look at one I guess, I can't find any measurements online anywhere except for the overall ceiling heights which doesn't really help. I do have a 2" lift in mine to. I'll likely chop the cage eventually but not in the foreseeable future. I found this one as well that may also work. Nitrous toy hauler | Travel Trailers & Campers | Medicine Hat | Kijiji

Any advice or specs of your toy haulers would be appreciated.
Here ya go, two sxs in one rig.

·
Super Moderator
1,695 Posts
Not sure where you guys are, but I'm thinking about putting mine up for sale. Its a 2004 Rage'N 30 foot bumper pull. Its in pretty good shape for the shape she's in. Holds my Teryx just fine, and even fits a KRX if you got someone skinny like my wife to drive it in. Fully self contained and fully functional, complete with a 4000 watt generator and 36 gallon fuel station. Its in Virginia so you do the math. The first $6,000 cash takes her home. She needs a good cleaning, and she's got a little wear and tear on her, but she's solid, doesn't leak and the tires are good to go. Note: The drop down bed was removed to make more headroom for the Teryx. I no longer have the frame, but we kept the mattress to lay on the floor after you pull the bike out. Works great and takes up a lot less room. You'll need a strong truck to pull it. If your interested or want more details, PM me. I'm only selling because I bought a 2nd home in WV so I don't have to haul this around anymore =)

View attachment 63456
View attachment 63457
Did you buy down in southern WV by the trail system? I'm up in north central WV around Buckhannon. Looks like a nice toy hauler for the money!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Did you buy down in southern WV by the trail system? I'm up in north central WV around Buckhannon. Looks like a nice toy hauler for the money!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Yes I did. I am half way between Bluefield and Welch.

·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I made a deal on one pending me seeing it in person. It's more money than I wanted to spend thanks to Covid. But at least I'll have a place to park the Teryx this winter where it's out of the way. And now I can can take my ghetto wooden riser out of my truck and put the tailgate back on! The rear lower bed/couch is a few inches too low but can supposedly be raised 3" easy enough.

My current trailer is getting rough, the awning is full of holes, the hot water heater is ready to blow, siding is falling off, roof vent mechanism is hooped so one vent has the screen punched out and is held shut with shoe lace. And the microwave was falling out of it.

Reactions: Haywire

·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The truck will pull it. It's the white dodge dually(diesel 6spd) in my post near the top of this page. I'll probably need a better hitch though. I believe the craptacular stock dodge one is only rated for 12,000lb on a good day, Gvw on trailer is 14,000lb(9000dry). I just looked at the dodge spec chart and they rate the 6 speed manual 200lb less than the automatic at only 13250lbs towing weight. I'll take my chances (y)

·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Yes, 5.9. Truck had Yukon hubs and a webasto coolant heater installed by previous owner.
Pulls the trailer fine but it sure got thirsty. Did 70mph empty snd loaded, 370 mile round trip and I averaged only 11mpg(hand calculated)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts