Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DirtNewz.com- The Latest News From the Worlds of Desert Racing, Short Course Off Road and Rock Crawling. Plus Live Race Coverage!
CORR Faces Potential Collapse – Is The End Near?

Los Angeles, California (October 23,2008) Championship Off Road Racing showed its true hand on Monday afternoon, after CORR’s Cissy Baldwin perhaps showed one of the best poker faces in recent history. XR Promotions, LLC., also known to the world of off road motorsports as CORR/Championship Off Road Racing, reached out to sponsors and wealthy race team owners for some financial help in an effort to save the final race weekend of the 2008 season by asking race entities to pony up a total of $2.2 million dollars in order for them to host the final race weekend of the season.

Predicted many times over the past three years, the inevitable collapse of the premier closed-course sanctioning body, CORR, appears to be very near as the 2008 season comes to an end. The final three rounds of racing were expected to decide championships in almost every class and now it seems that the organization, led by Jim Baldwin, is on the brink of disaster.

This past Monday afternoon, CORR CEO, Jim Baldwin, spoke with CORR’s primary sponsors and invested race team owners asking them to put together a $2.2 million dollar package in order for CORR to host the final race of the season at Chula Vista, California on December 5, 6 and 7, 2008.

This Can't happen!! But I think it already has.:cussing:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is this supposed to be a suprize. I had mentioned a couple months back in another thread that I heard it was going to disolve. I was told theres no way.
Maybe now the UTV's will get back to the good short course racing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
that really sucks for the guys who just got done building purpose built cars for the corr series. that goes for me and i know bob has got some things in the works. well see you it the desert!

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
Is this supposed to be a suprize. I had mentioned a couple months back in another thread that I heard it was going to disolve. I was told theres no way.
Maybe now the UTV's will get back to the good short course racing.
What do you mean by good short course racing? Maybe tracks that are smaller?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hate to say it but watching UTV's race CORR is like watching paint dry.
No, not smaller tracks just more technical, not just a horsepower track.
I remember watching UTV racing on MX tracks clearing tables and doubles showing the ability of man and machine.
That was good racing.

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
I remember watching UTV racing on MX tracks clearing tables and doubles showing the ability of man and machine.
That was good racing.
Got something against horsepower!:sport-smiley-005:LOL

I agree,I would like to see a track with lots of different lines and good passing back and forth.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was good racing.
I have to agree with you, but the top 5 rhino racers still run lap times as fast as midpack prolites. Im ready for some real air.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd like to see the MDR superstition series add a stock utv class that only ran 1/3rd the distance of the car races, Maybe 50 to 100 mile races. I know you can currently race utvs in mdr but you have to have fuel cells, specifically made rollcages and a bunch of other things. Is anyone holding desert races for nearly stock utvs? They run class 9 and 11's on the same track as class ones in mdr. Why not, anyone with info?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts