Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to put this topic, but since it is a safety issue, for me at least, here was as good as any.

Went riding today, and we had fewer riders, so I was solo in my Teryx 2 seater. I am a bigger guy, and in past always had a passenger.

As we shot a hill with some ruts, I was leaning to my side heavily, and with my belt on I could not lean to passenger side.

I ended up putting the teryx on its side, luckily it was a slow motion tilt, and I was not injured. Attempting the hill a few other times it nearly went over again.

I finally made it up the hill, and after that I noticed the issue a few other times on similar terrain.

I think adding a weight box to the passenger side either cut to floor board design and bolted in, or bolted under the passenger seat. Were I could load lead weights from my race car.

One of my buddies suggested -36 window fluid in passenger tires.

Anyone had any issues similar to mine.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I would think filling the tank before every ride would be good enough, maybe put all your cargo on the passenger side/storage.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tank was full and I usually do not carry much gear.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Usually, this is done with spring preload. It you're familiar with racing, you've probably used scales for weight jacking, but you could just bump up the F&R preload on the driver's side until your ride is level with you in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts