Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first off this is not ment to piss any body off it is for info , to help people stop the oil blowing

ok a crank case vent first photo is what it says , the bottom line goes to the original vent since it is smurged in oil it is a great drain back for oil but a bad vent , so you use a wellar valve cover second photo on intake of rear head to run to the higher vents and plug last one. this allows the motor to vent the pressure with out pushing out the oil .

now a anti siphon third photo , what the problem is with this design is your crank case has a tube sumerged in oil , when the pressure pushes past your rings it builds in your crank case and it needs a place to go but their isnt a crank case vent so it pushes down on the oil and the oil goes up the tube , and i guess with the anti siphon they hope you let off cause the lil tank cant hold too much oil , but when you let off the oil can drain back in to motor all in the same tube , but if you dont let off you could almost empty your motor , but as you can see with this design their is no way to directly vent the crank case pressure to the air with out pushing out oil ,

this is for information only pictures and text, it is trying to inform you so you can make a choice of how to build your motor

its your choice as to witch one you use i have no problems with oil control with mine , i have been building motors since 1974 and gone thru many drag race vw bugs and dune buggies and was hired by a race team to build their baja 500 and 1000 cars and motors back in 1977, so been doing this kind of thing along time but as i said its your choice ,

the pictures are just for information only

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
We don't try to prevent the oil from entering the tank, we only allow the oil to flow back to the engine quicker than it can be blown out of the case! Plus it is a quick easy 10 minute install that requires no permanent modifications.

S

·
0 Posts
That's good info. That's awesome that you took the time to do that. Have you or anybody heard of the T4 having that problem. Also I've seen where hunterworks.com has a oil stop kit that claims it is a third generation design and it without a doubt works with out drilling/changing valve cover. Are you familiar with this kit and if so any thoughts. I am pretty mechanically inclined but am new to the sxs world and trying to learn a thing or 20. Thx

wrote this before I seen fuel's post. Sorry fuel

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i havnt checked out a t4 so i wont comment on them , as far as hunter works he uses a special fitting he has made to screw into a factory hole i think the timing hole and that will work just fine it is a vent not submurged in oil he is adding to the factory set up

as long as you add another vent to your motor to let out the pressure with out it pushing oil out your ok , but to just add a tank for oil to build up in and drain back in doesnt work because your motor still cant vent

We don't try to prevent the oil from entering the tank, we only allow the oil to flow back to the engine quicker than it can be blown out of the case! Plus it is a quick easy 10 minute install that requires no permanent modifications.
fuel you run 1 line to stock vent then 3rd to air filter where does the second line go to valve cover or hole drilled and tapped in head

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
have to say the fuel utv set up is pretty sweet and the best i have used. i dis alot of high speed/rpm riding in open desert and the dunes and the systems that use the yfz tank and a filter will not last. here is it on my 08 custom made a bracket to fit since this setup is for 09+. but easly adapted to the the 08.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts
i havnt checked out a t4 so i wont comment on them , as far as hunter works he uses a special fitting he has made to screw into a factory hole i think the timing hole and that will work just fine it is a vent not submurged in oil he is adding to the factory set up

as long as you add another vent to your motor to let out the pressure with out it pushing oil out your ok , but to just add a tank for oil to build up in and drain back in doesnt work because your motor still cant vent

fuel you run 1 line to stock vent then 3rd to air filter where does the second line go to valve cover or hole drilled and tapped in head

The kit comes with a fitting that goes to the same place the Hunterworks kit goes to. I have the FuelUTV kit on my 09.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have never had a problem with pushing oil out the beather but if it ever did it could cost you a motor. So just to be safe I bought Fuel ATV's Siphon Break. At first I thought it was expensive but once you see what it took to make the kit it's worth every cent! Really it is cheap insurance to save a motor.

Reactions: digger

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
We use #10 AN fittings to drain the oil back to the timing inspection fitting. No need for speciall machined fittings though that only have a very small ID. There are AN fittings available that have a much larger ID. Most other breather tanks out also have very smaller breather and return ports which don't allow oil to return and the breather to function properly. Our tank is designed internally to help prevent oil from making its way to the breather while still allowing the crank case vent to work properly.

We have had several engine builders come to us after they had tried many different setups. They now run our setup. The hardest part of installing this kit is getting to the engine! Once there we replace the stock siphon tank and add a line and fittings for the return. Everything mounts in the stock location and does not have any clearance issues under the engine cover. No need to mount a remote filter setup or try to route breather and return lines in places they don't need to go.

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
The picture shown aboe of Dave's kit was a modification he made to install our kit onto his 08. I should have mentioned earlier that the FuelUTV kit was designed for the FI models.

·
Gravestotalperformance
940 Posts
I really like that it is hidden under the dog house. I would run it but I have the muzzys plenum because the stock plastic one would not hold up to the boost pressure or I would run yours in a heartbeat!

·
Gravestotalperformance
940 Posts
You can make a bracket like i did above and place it were you want.

I am really not sure I have room for it anywhere under the dog house.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Attachments

Reactions: JKK-Teryx

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
I'm not sure how much wider the Muzzy plenum is than stock and don't know how much room it leaves for our tank. If there were enough room for it you could just weld the tank to the plenum seeing as they are both aluminum.

·
Registered
2013 Kawasaki Teryx. 750
3 Posts
Please send me a web address or something so that I can order the fuel UTV catch can crankcase vent Thank You very much

1 - 19 of 19 Posts