Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
The cover has a groove with a rubber O ring seal, no drain. going in deep over the CVT intake is the most likely way to get water inside the cover, at that point you've submerged all sorts of things that aren't waterproof. The first Gen. Teryx the intake wasn't too high above the floor level, which coincidentally is the recommended dept of water to drive through.

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cover has a groove with a rubber O ring seal, no drain. going in deep over the CVT intake is the most likely way to get water inside the cover, at that point you've submerged all sorts of things that aren't waterproof. The first Gen. Teryx the intake wasn't too high above the floor level, which coincidentally is the recommended dept of water to drive through.

Mike
Yes thanks I’m planning to fully snorkel the bike this weekend belt intake and exhaust and air box fully up to the roof. My concern was will the cover seal leak or is it pretty well sealed

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021 TOTM Winner
2020 Teryx4 LE
646 Posts
I'm not into snorkeling either but have gone in water up to the seat cushions a time or 10. All I did was run the fuel tank vent up to the roof and make sure all the hose clamps were snug. Many were loose right from new.

The belt housing on my 20' seems to be sealed pretty good, I assume a 2016 is similar? The intake snorkel is up high(ish) under the dash already. I can't remember about the clutch exhaust. I've never had a problem with mine drinking water.

I thought about snorkeling my Teryx but didn't see the point, everything is already mounted much higher than it was in my old rzr and I didn't have too many issues with that turd caused by high water. I'd like to relocate the engine and cvt intakes though and see if that'd cut down on cabin noise. One year. I'd probably buy a boat first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not into snorkeling either but have gone in water up to the seat cushions a time or 10. All I did was run the fuel tank vent up to the roof and make sure all the hose clamps were snug. Many were loose right from new.

The belt housing on my 20' seems to be sealed pretty good, I assume a 2016 is similar? The intake snorkel is up high(ish) under the dash already. I can't remember about the clutch exhaust. I've never had a problem with mine drinking water.

I thought about snorkeling my Teryx but didn't see the point, everything is already mounted much higher than it was in my old rzr and I didn't have too many issues with that turd caused by high water. I'd like to relocate the engine and cvt intakes though and see if that'd cut down on cabin noise. One year. I'd probably buy a boat first.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
That is the most childish thing I’ve ever heard. You actually must have a super boring life to take your time out and waste my time to comment something of this nature.
Sorry I hurt your feelings, as a longtime Forum member I was trying to be helpful as I always have been. I get that Youtube videos of SideXSides in water up to the roof are entertaining, but there are a lot of expensive, not waterproof components if you go dash deep, the instrument cluster and power steering ECU to name a couple.

Again sorry about the unappreciated attempt at humor, Mike

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
369 Posts
If I remember correctly, the clutch exhaust opening is right under the center console between the seats, and that is the lowest of the vent tubes. So if your ass begins sitting in water, it's time to start thinking about an exit strategy, lol. I have never heard of anyone having issues with water getting through the seal on the clutch housing, so that shouldn't be much of a concern, but the exhaust vent tube could be. There is no drain on the clutch housing so getting water in there would be a major pain if your belt starts slipping.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,480 Posts
I have a 2016 and have been seat deep in water myself. Never had an issue with water intrusion into anything but my shoes. LOL The belt housing is cast aluminum. It wouldn't be a hard thing to drill and tap it and put your own drain plug in it. Just make sure you clear the belts and pullies inside. You might also want to drill a matching hole in your skid plate so you can take it out without having to remove anything else.

I assume you will want to install a clutch kit for more low-end torque in mud and water. That would be a great time to install a drain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts