Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Teryx 4 LE has a SUPER annoying buzzing/vibrating sound coming from somewhere in the dash area. Mostly in low gear, at mid-rpm ranges (where we do most of our mountain trail speeds unfortunately.) Sometimes it's on the passenger side, and sometimes its on my driver's side. I took my windshield and center dash panel off to rule them out, with no luck.

I thought I had it pinned down to where the panels on the front floor wells meet (just below the dash level), but it seems not. Anyone experience something similar, and how did you address it? All the searches I turned up really addressed the noises coming from the center console, which is not my real issue.

I know these things are loud, and have their rattles, but this is super ridiculous. If not, guess I'll just start removing dash pieces one at a time until I find it!

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx 4 LE
16 Posts
I have noticed the same thing in my 2021. Sounds like it is coming from the drivers side. Sounds like to pieces of metal vibrating/rattling together. I have not really tried to find the sound yet, it is annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is SUPER annoying for sure. I guess being new we could take it in to have it looked at by a dealer, but I'm sure they would be hard pressed to find a real solution to the problem. I haven't ruled it out though. Over the last year, I've certainly been impressed by the stoutness of the machine, it certainly is a tank. But the fit/finish leaves a lot to be desired. Was still a lot cheaper to get into than the competitors though. (And maybe this is why??)

Hopefully someone will chime in with their experience to help us find the culprit.

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
425 Posts
I haven't noticed any dash rattles in mine. Just one of the metal skid plates or heat shields made a pretty loud noise once in a while when I took it out for the first trip. Was relatively easy to track down by banging on everything til I found something that rattled. I also got the wife to drive while I moved around trying to pin point it.

My roof was falling off late last summer on our 4th trip out causing a pretty annoying vibration when going down the road. Had to pull over and tighten most of the bolts before they fell out.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx 4 LE
16 Posts
My rattle is not really in the dash. More behind the gas and brake down lower. I think it may be related to the metal firewall behind the front drivers side wheel.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx4 S LE
1 Posts
I have a 2021 and it has the rattle. Mine also sounds like it’s coming from underneath the dash drivers side. I only notice it when I’m driving slow through the neighborhood trying not to piss of the neighbors. It’s super annoying and almost louder then the engine noise.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2018 Teryx 4 seater. It had the same or simular rattle as was described in the original post. On mine it was the thin metal sheet behind the front wheel, passenger side. That piece of metal and a portion of the outer firewall overlap. I was able to wedge a thin piece of rubber in between the two sheets of metal where they overlap. This seems to have stopped the noise. I ended up having to do this to the driver and passenger sides of the buggy.
Hope this helps...

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
425 Posts
Well, mine is noisy too now lol. Only when cruising around 40mph it seems. Sounds like those recall plates, skid plate(s) or heat shield or 10. We rarely ride down roads for more than 15-20 mins but we ended up doing a fair bit of road riding on the weekend and that noise became pretty annoying.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx 4 LE
16 Posts
This is where mine rattles. You can beat on it and it makes the noise 34E43C7C-AF9F-41AD-96BA-391749EE7CC1.jpeg

Reactions: Andy> and djnotloc

·
Registered
2020 T2
19 Posts
Ferly thank you! I think mine may be coming from the same place. Its been driving me crazy over the past couple months when it started! I'm checking that out first thing when I get home. I too thought it was somewhere back behind/around the brake pedal mounting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts