Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
108 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with not coming out of diff lock and engine light staying on

sometimes you need to move the steering wheel back and forth a bit to get it to disengage. Check out this clip:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had the same issue and what I had to do is put everything back to normal turn the machine off for five minutes then everything worked good. All I got out of the dealer is I never heard that before, I think that is BS because I read about it online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's not that I've tried all of that being a teryx owner for 5 years I think I have a shifting fork bent in front end I've put a different actuator in changed 2wd 4wd selector and still nothing and u cant move selector buy prying ot with actuator out ordered a new front end hoping that's it thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, same problem with my 19 T4. Move steering wheel back and forth, try going from drive to reverse and back again. Seems like there are always several things that work.

63 Posts
The manual 4wd conversion kit "twin sticks" will get you out of diff lock every time, no more issues at all and no more broken 4wd actuators ever again! CLICK HERE to view this item. This kit also gets rid of the diff lock speed limiter.

If you want to stay with the electronic actuator we have a new kit coming out soon (expected in stock September 25th) that GREATLY helps get out of diff lock. This new kit bypasses the diff lock speed limiter and also keeps the actuator trying to get out of diff lock for more than 5 seconds.
*Here is how the Knight Diff Lock Strong Release/Speed Limit Bypass works (yes we know we need to work on the long product name lol): When the computer reads the actuators location in diff lock but you have selected a different position it will only try for 5 seconds then stop. We have electronics that trick the computer to think the actuator is "off set" from the selected position so it is trying to "center" the actuator, not change its position. This allows the actuator to keep trying for more than 5 seconds and with a lot of testing we have yet to have it stuck for even 5 full seconds! We will have a video of our prototype soon, keep an eye on our website for this new product. Click here to view all Teryx products.
*What you need to do: Switch out of diff lock, IF it doesn't come out immediately you tap the throttle, turn the steering wheel and it comes out, every time! (disclaimer, if your 4wd actuator is already broken this product will not fix it, you need the manual 4wd kit)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts