Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF YOU HAVE AN LE... You better check your air filter after riding in dusty conditions. The windshield somehow directs all the dusty air between the bed and the back of the seats. I have about 9 hours on mine and the filter has been bypassing a good bit of dirt. I pulled the airbox and carbs to do a jet kit this weekend and had an unbelieveable amount of dirt go through the factory filter. It was to the point that I had to clean out the carbs and box coming off the air filter. I had only rode about an hour in fairly dusty conditions.

I took the windshield off and rode yesterday and did not notice any more problems at all. It even helped the heat from the engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
YES!!! This is true, checked mine about a week ago and noticed dust and grains of sand inside the filter! Checked it again after my ride yesterday, and same thing. I have come to the conclusion that kawi's design on the filter sucks......

However, the Twin Air brand filter with the closed end comes out at the end of the week. Less gaps between the filter cage and the filter=less area for dirt intrusion.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
we need a billet spacer that you can screw a filter on.just like the pro design kits for the sport bikes!

·
Registered
182 Posts
You know....I'm starting to see some little annoying stupid engineering problems. How many hours have we done to discovery these issues....not many hours. Makes one wonder.

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
The Twin AIr is TA151915 ($29.95 Retail)...just some FYI

·
Registered
3 Posts
... after about 10 hours of riding at the dunes i pulled my filter off and literally dumped sand out of my filter. i purchased a modquad intake kit for a kfx450 that came w/an aluminum plate w/a flange that a modified to fit into the air box. now i run a k&n and outterwear and it seems to work great!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not neccessarily with atv or cycle application....I've read that K&N's let dirt through. Is there a 'preferred' setup on atvs?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
depends on where you ride,but ive been mud to sand with k&n's and havent had any problems

·
Vendor
2,438 Posts
With the fine dust in arizona and at the dunes we uses the uni filters they flow alittle less then the k&n filter but thats because they filter better the billet adapts im having made will use the uni filter 3" opening I could have done a 2 7/8 opening that the uni and the k&n would have both fit but that would have down sized the port on the billet adapt and I did want to compromise airflow ..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts