Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my NRA Teryx for the first time last weekend. The drive was very short-less than 1 mile out the driveway, up the road (slight grade) and back to my garage. When I pulled the machine into the garage, I noticed smoke (steam) coming form the engine cover. No big deal, it is new-probably the paint burning off. I got out of the vehicle and stepped into a puddle of coolant. I looked under the Teryx and could see coolant spewing from the bottom of the machine. It appeared to be about 1-2 quarts total that leaked out. I removed the engine cover and began inspecting. The bottom radiator hose(goes to the water pump) was attached but, the hose clamp was not even finger tight. I tightend the hose, and spent the next hour filling the rad (I can not BELIEVE there is not a panel to get to the rad) with coolant/water. Using the over-flow bottle was not an option-too much fluid was lost.
It just so happend the Kawasaki Rep was at my dealer's store so I drove over to have a word with him. He was less than responsive-not a good impression.
Hopefully this will not be a trend! the machine now has 7 miles on it-no other issues

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
Wow that sucks I hope there aint anymore of this kinda stuff..

did you take it back to the dealer and have them go over the
whole vehicle???

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
It just so happened the Kawasaki Rep was at my dealer's store so I drove over to have a word with him. He was less than responsive-not a good impression.
I'm sure he was embarrassed for the company. Unfortunately things sometimes get missed. Glad you caught it early. Was the dealer willing to go over it again?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Dealer has been top notch. He had actually given me his cell phone number and assisted me verifying what type of coolant was appropriate for the machine. This happend on a Sunday!

Has anyone run into issues with the skid plate bolts? I have two that will not come out. It looks as if there are inserts in the frame, and the bolts thread into the inserts. The inserts appear to be spinning in the frame.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i work in an automotive manufacturing plant and things do get overlooked unfortunately..glad you caught it when you did....the skipplate bolts are more than likley cross threaded due to someone over torquing them at the assembly plant....i have one on my rhino the same way...just had to remove the bolt and chase the threads with a tap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts