Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the attached photo in the gallery on the CATVOS website. It looks like a green 2016 or 2017 model Teryx4 with the CATVOS 3" +2 Fwd +2 Rear lift, SATV 4" Portals, and 35x9.5x18 BKT TR171 tires. If anyone knows the owner, I would like to ask them about how they like this setup. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Can't answer your question.........but I do wonder what makes the CATVOS kit worth $1,800? Literally all the kit consists of are the a-arms, unless I'm missing something. You can buy other brand high clearance arms and add a lift for half the price, or the complete 6" SuperATV kit for the same price. Maybe that's why you don't see very many CATVOS kits out there?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't answer your question.........but I do wonder what makes the CATVOS kit worth $1,800? Literally all the kit consists of are the a-arms, unless I'm missing something. You can buy other brand high clearance arms and add a lift for half the price, or the complete 6" SuperATV kit for the same price. Maybe that's why you don't see very many CATVOS kits out there?
I can't figure out why they cost so much more either. I tend to be from the school of "you get what you pay for," but I realize that is not always the case. I am most interested in this lift because I want to go as high as I can and still fit in my toy hauler. I already have the 4" portals. With the CATVOS 3" and 35" BKTs, it will barely fit after a 3" rear cage chop. I don't want to chop the front so that I can use aftermarket full/flip windshields. Also, I have talked to others with the SATV A-arms with 4" portals and 35" BKTs that they rub the cage in the rear. Next best bet is the High Lifter A-arms which give 2" offset in the rear as opposed to the 1.5" offset of the SATV arms.

I have emailed CATVOS to ask for specs on their lift - tubing diameter, metal alloy type and gauge, etc - and I plan on asking SATV and HL, too. None of them give much detail on their websites. I don't know if I will find out anything, but if I do I'll post it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Response from CATVOS on the cost of their lift.

So after I emailed asking for an explanation of why their kit cost so much more than the SATV and HL arms, I got a response from Scott at CATVOS. He didn't give me any specifications, but he did say that CATVOS is a dealer for both SATV and HL. He also said that they both put out great products, but that CATVOS can't compete with them because US parts and labor cost more. He did specifically say that SATV get their arms mass produced in China. He did not say specifically where HL gets their stuff made, but it was obvious that they source theirs from overseas as well. So the big difference in price: made in USA vs made in China.

One other interesting thing he mentioned is that HL will not honor warranty on their A-arms if portals are installed, but said that SATV and CATVOS will honor the warranty with portals installed. However, I read the warranty on the CATVOS website, and it specifically states: "Adding portals is considered altering the suspension and will void the warranty." I asked Scott about the discrepancy between what he stated and what is on the website, but I haven't received a reply yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts