Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have the camo Teryx, how is the color holding up, is it fading or changing on you? I've witnessed in the past the camo from other brands start to get a light purple hue over time and sun exposure? The camo units are cheaper and I'd be completely fine with it if it doesn't degrade over time. But if it does, I'll opt for the green or fragmented gray camo paint.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
I believe there are three choices for finish or lack of on the Teryx plastic. Raw, dipped and painted. The raw colored plastic should be the least expensive because there are less materials and labor involved. The fragmented gray is hydro-dipped just like the camo, the camo maybe less expensive due to the cost of the material, IDK. I have a 2011 Camo that has held up very well, but it has been stored indoors out of the harmful rays of the sun. You can scratch through the clearcoat and film if you try really hard. The raw, color molded plastic is the most vulnerable to scratching, the painted plastic can be buffed out to some extent and seems to hold up very well.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok. Didn't know they were both hydro-dipped. So they are dipped with automotive clear coat on top of it?

My brother in law had a Yamaha Kodiak that was camo, multiple Polaris too. I don't know how it was applied but it looked terrible after a few years. I'd be upset spending "X" amount on a sxs and it fading and turning colors after a few years. Ours will be garage kept also, so hopefully it won't effect it much.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Yes they are hydro-dipped and then low gloss clear. I really like the fragmented Gray, it looks really good with green or orange accents IMO.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts