Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some may know part of the reason we upgraded to a teryx 4 this fall was because our old side by side didnt have enough room to fit us and the dogs.

This fall we rode around a good amount with the dogs in the back and they rode pretty well. We put covers over the seats and they rode in the seats. It wasn’t real roomy for them but it wasn’t miserable for them.

in my head for a while Iv been picturing a way to build a platform for them that would be easy to take in and out if we wanted to have human passengers. So far this is what iv come up with. I bought a chunk of plywood for $14 and the rest of the parts were leftover material from other projects.

so far I tested it with our biggest dog, patchjust in our garage and he seemed like he had a lot more room. Both outside edges have a leg to the floor for support. And the skinny piece in the middle has a board running left to right under the big pieces.

2 issues I need to solve still.

1. I need to find the best way to attach the legs to thedoor sides of the main piece. They are 2x2 pressure treated pieces. I am thinking some metal L brackets on all 4 sides maybe?

2. The skinny piece in the middle. I want to be able to pull each side out individually quickly and simply but that support needs to be there. I want to attach the board under the skinny piece to the skinny piece. I the. Thought about getting some sort of quick connect or gate latch to attach those to the big pieces?

my last thought I am thinking is getting something like a small sand bag or similar that could fill in the cup holders and cubby hole. I wish I could take that out without permanent modification but it doesn’t appear that’s the case.

I’m just sharing a project that I’m working on. And thoughts I have on it. Any ideas are welcome.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Crankset Hood Bicycle tire

Dog Working animal Carnivore Plant Dog breed

· Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,700 Posts
What if you just put one or two "dog bed" pillows over the boards? That would give them more cushion and solve the cup holder problem. It looks great though!

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to get it out for a test before I posted again but I haven’t other than around the driveway with the dogs. They seem to approve haha.

I ended up putting supports under the center to hold the little board up and support the platform parts in the center. The outside legs I bolted on using metal L brackets. I like the brackets but I’m not sure I like the way the bolt through the platforms. I might change that in the future.

I did get some rubber tread sticky pads for some traction. I like the idea of putting some dog beds back there I think that would work well.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Floor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts