Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the You Tube Link to DFR Teryx 840 kit, vs DFR Turbo RZR.
Teryx DFR parts:
DFR Performance parts installed: 840 Kit, Intake, Jet kit, Dual Exhaust, Clutch kit
DFR 6 over suspension and Two seat Cage

RZR DFR Parts:
DFR Performance Parts installed: RZR Turbo kit, Stage 3 clutch kit
RZR 6 over suspension.

YouTube - crustyforever's Channel

Todd
DragonFire Racing

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
They are so close, it depends on who gets the jump, plus it depends on the temp, The RZR will do better when it gets cooler out. But the throttle response of the Teryx makes it the winner.
Todd
Teryx has taller gearing. RZR stops at 65 MPH. We did a custom grind on the clutch spacer, and has our stage three clutch in it.

We have two drivers we are woking with, we might field two are three of these cars, if we can get them done in time, and the CORR Driver Rules allow Pro drivers to drive in the UTV class. We are not sure if this can happen. We are trying to get a rulling on this. Once we get this done, and the testing is finished we will announce the drivers.
I am going to drive one in select races, this is one of the issues with the CORR rules, I want to field a Pro Buggy and Pro lite vehicle as well.
If we are going to spend the weekend there, we might as well race.

·
Registered
528 Posts
They are so close, it depends on who gets the jump, plus it depends on the temp, The RZR will do better when it gets cooler out. But the throttle response of the Teryx makes it the winner.
Todd
Teryx has taller gearing. RZR stops at 65 MPH. We did a custom grind on the clutch spacer, and has our stage three clutch in it.

We have two drivers we are woking with, we might field two are three of these cars, if we can get them done in time, and the CORR Driver Rules allow Pro drivers to drive in the UTV class. We are not sure if this can happen. We are trying to get a rulling on this. Once we get this done, and the testing is finished we will announce the drivers.
I am going to drive one in select races, this is one of the issues with the CORR rules, I want to field a Pro Buggy and Pro lite vehicle as well.
If we are going to spend the weekend there, we might as well race.
Yes you can do that, probuggy and UTV.

See ya at Pomona?????

Rog

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The race motor is a 798, the 840 kit is a pump gas bolt on kit that make 90 HP. I will put a video up of the Race car and its motor once we are done testing.
The 798 kit is 13:1 the head is flowed has bigger valves, bigger carbs, differnt cams, and makes just under 130HP

·
Registered
60 Posts
The race motor is a 798, the 840 kit is a pump gas bolt on kit that make 90 HP. I will put a video up of the Race car and its motor once we are done testing.
The 798 kit is 13:1 the head is flowed has bigger valves, bigger carbs, differnt cams, and makes just under 130HP
To be clear with every one thats Crank HP not to the ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how does the dragonFire Racing 840 kit for the teryx compare to the muzzy 916/999 kit?
what the hp and torque differences to the wheels?

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'de also like to know how this kit compares to the 916 muzzy or the Dasa Stage V, this seems like a lot more power out of just the 840.

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
I'de also like to know how this kit compares to the 916 muzzy or the Dasa Stage V, this seems like a lot more power out of just the 840.
The 840 in that video was my 840 kit back when they were buying my kits and selling them.

The new 920 strokers with bigger cam has way more torque for the heavy cares and more top end with the new cams.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts