Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jose Sanabria
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone here uses the STINGER Isolator for dual battery application?
I need to install my 2nd battery but I seem to be only getting this one form the internet.
STINGER SGP38 80AMP CURRENT RELAY DUAL BATTERY ISOLATOR | eBay

Is this the cheapest and good way to have 2 batteries? :scared2:

Please advise, you know the long weekend is already here and I wanted to get the stereo, amp and lights connected to my 2nd battery ASAP. :nuts:

Thank you guys in advance. :eek:k:

Jose.

I found also this one but I am not sure if "Rugged Ridge" still sells it...
http://www.omix-ada.com/instructions/17265.01.pdf

Any ideas???

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i know the boys from fuel utv will chime in. they have alot of knowledge with the dual battery setup...

Reactions: Teryx_Driver

·
Registered
9 Posts
Careful People

The use of the wrong type of isolator could leave you stranded!!! It is important to use the right type of isolator when installing a dual battery in your ATV or UTV. An isolator that is controlled by being connected to the ignition will not suffice and could leave you stranded by allowing the discharge of both batteries while running at low RPMs! This is a very common problem. I have discovered that the simplest system to use is the AOPEC ATV/UTV universal Dual Battery Kit. The isolator in this kit is voltage sensitive and operates automatically depending upon available charging voltage. If you already have the connection cables the isolator by itself is available. I know that many of the Polaris and Honda Dealers and owners have made the choice to switch from their own branded kit to the Aopec as several of my riding buddies with Polaris and Honda rigs have these. I've used these automatic systems in all types of vehicles and have found nothing available that equals the ease of installation, price nor the dependability of these units. For more direct information you can simply google the AOPEC UTV Dual Battery Kit and find a vendor. If you are with a shop you can also purchase these in wholesale numbers and prices as we did. If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
The use of the wrong type of isolator could leave you stranded!!! It is important to use the right type of isolator when installing a dual battery in your ATV or UTV. An isolator that is controlled by being connected to the ignition will not suffice and could leave you stranded by allowing the discharge of both batteries while running at low RPMs! This is a very common problem. I have discovered that the simplest system to use is the AOPEC ATV/UTV universal Dual Battery Kit. The isolator in this kit is voltage sensitive and operates automatically depending upon available charging voltage. If you already have the connection cables the isolator by itself is available. I know that many of the Polaris and Honda Dealers and owners have made the choice to switch from their own branded kit to the Aopec as several of my riding buddies with Polaris and Honda rigs have these. I've used these automatic systems in all types of vehicles and have found nothing available that equals the ease of installation, price nor the dependability of these units. For more direct information you can simply google the AOPEC UTV Dual Battery Kit and find a vendor. If you are with a shop you can also purchase these in wholesale numbers and prices as we did. If you have any questions feel free to PM me!
Witch model number do you recommend please off the AOPEC site? Is it this one Article No.: ATV-DBK?

***EDIT - I did more research and I know that is the one you are taking about. There is a lot of good info at rzr forums on them. Thank you for the info, I just ordered one!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Witch model number do you recommend please off the AOPEC site? Is it this one Article No.: ATV-DBK?

***EDIT - I did more research and I know that is the one you are taking about. There is a lot of good info at rzr forums on them. Thank you for the info, I just ordered one!!
The link you show is for the manufacturer just search "Aopec ATV dual battery kit" and you will find the retailers. It would depend on what site you are purchasing it from I guess. If it is labeled AOPEC you have the correct one. They make only one kit for ATV/UTV application but if all you need is the isolator without cables then just get the isolator by itself. I found part number
ATV-DBK-12B-T

·
Registered
9 Posts
The link you show is for the manufacturer just search "Aopec ATV dual battery kit" and you will find the retailers. It would depend on what site you are purchasing it from I guess. If it is labeled AOPEC you have the correct one. They make only one kit for ATV/UTV application but if all you need is the isolator without cables then just get the isolator by itself. I found part number
ATV-DBK-12B-T
Up dated news for all those fellow UTVers needing a dual battery setup. The person who designed both the Aopec and Quadboss isolator kits has now introduced the third generation from their US company and the products are assembled here in the US. This is this designer's 3rd generation design as there has been two improved releases since the Aopec/Quadboss products were designed. The newest product is label with the TRUE brand and is a superior product to not only the Aopec/Quadboss but far superior for UTV application over the Blue Seas. Efficiency is the key to success with these stator charging mechanisms and TRUE products have what is referred to as PEP or Proprietary Efficiency Programing that is specifically designed for optimal function with the UTVs. You simply can't get a better Isolator for your UTV and it is definitely not the same as the cheap Chinese Quad Boss product. In conversation with the designer and owner of the company you will get a quick education about these products and the difference between them. The really neat thing about TRUE is that it is not only a better product assembled here in the US but it can be purchased for less money than any of the other brands. You really can not go wrong with this type of company or attitude. There customer service is fantastic even on Sunday... Google the "TRUE UTV Dual Battery Kit" or search ebay.

·
Registered
9 Posts

The designer of the original AOPEC isolator is now doing his own production of an upgraded version with the company True Amalgamated here in the US. The product label is TRUE and they offer the best UTV programmed Isolator available. The best unit over ALL other brands and a wonderful company with unmatched customer service. Best new is the price is also better than the others. Search for TRUE UTV dual batter kit google or ebay and you will find online sellers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts