Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know several of you guys took your new Teryx to the dunes this weekend.....How'd they do against the Rhino's???:drive1:

·
Registered
314 Posts
ours did great... we have a vdi and exhaust tip, passed the whole group of rhino's that we were duning with.. riding with 2 kids in the back and 2 adults in the front. way big difference wite vdi and exhaust tip combo. I have a pic of the teryx and rhino jumping at the same time, teryx jumped first. had to slow down the next time so we could both be in the air at the same time. The rhino has a cdi and exhaust. View attachment 119

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do they have enough low end that you don't have to get as much of a run at the sand hills, as the rhino, in order to climb? I would think this would be a big advantage of the Teryx.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yea man would love to see some vids myself. Is the exhaust alot louder without the spark arrester in?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had mine out at the dunes this weekend and it did great! Mine is stock with the spark arrestor out. They have tons of low end for accellerating. Helps a lot for getting speed for jumps, and for climbing hills. They seem to hold thier speed better up hills than the rhinos too. They turn and jump very well for stock suspension. They dont blow sand in your face on transistions and jumps like the stock rhinos do.

973 Posts
Mine is also stock. I did add the four seat cage and removed the spark arrestor though. I beat Rhinos all weekend. As long as their not clutched up and bored I pretty much had them covered. I'm gettin my CDI this week and can't wait to feel the difference. Here is my video of my jumpin my stock Teryx at Glamis.

·
Registered
314 Posts
the exhaust sounds exactly the same without the spark arrestor in.
the teryx gets to speed faster than a rhino, but you still need to get a run at the hill.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That is funny because all the Teryxs that my group ran into were no match for us rhinos. It hard to believe that all these Teryxs beat so many Rhinos at Glamis. Most Rhinos are modified like my rec rhino (exhaust, cdi, clutch mod, and carbs) and none of the Teryx with VDI and exhaust system were able to keep up with us anywhere in the dumes. Matter of fact, most Teryx owners were disappointed with the performance. The low end torque or climbing power was impressive but still not able to keep up with the slightly mod Rhinos. I did run into a guy who had a big bore on his Teryx and that thing was fast. I had to go and get the stroker Rhino ;I beat him pretty easy but none of the slightly mod Rhinos were able to beat him.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Michaeltom401 I just looked at your back posts and you told us you sold your rhino for a teryx just a few days ago.. What happend?

·
Registered
194 Posts
HAHAHA:rofl2:..... Rutcutter good call I smell :bsflag:

·
TERYXERISER
311 Posts
Michaeltom401 I just looked at your back posts and you told us you sold your rhino for a teryx just a few days ago.. What happend?
HAHAHA:rofl2:..... Rutcutter good call I smell :bsflag:
Hey Rutcutter dont waist any time on this ricky bobby has the fastest
rhino on the planet it will out run everything none to man ???

BUT I THINK SOCAL IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!!

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag: RICKYBOBBY THIS IS
what I think ALSO

·
Registered
74 Posts
If He Owned A Teryx He Would Get It. I Took Mine Out With Some Stock Rhinos And Guess What The Teryx Was Better In Every Area. So Logic Would Have It That As You Ad Parts The Teryx Is Still Going To Be Faster. This Guy Is Simply Missing A Cylinder And Has Cylinder Envy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Why ask? I have several toys yamaha 450 r, honda 450r, 2 Rhinos, and 1 Teryx. What is the problem. I sold 1 Rhino and purchased a Teryx which is being built. I think many of you guys are full of sh... Get out and ride and you will find that there are people on most anything that can go faster than you thought. Who cares how much it cost to build a Rhino vs. a Teryx, power is power. I did not ask the guy who had a big bore Teryx how much he spend we just raced, end of discussion

·
Registered
813 Posts
I raise the :bsflag: again

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm sorry but my Teryx has low end torque and nothing else stock. Yes when it is done with the motor it will be as fast or faster than my stroker Rhino. But bolt vdi and exhaust mods Teryx are not faster than my slightly mod rhino with carbs, clutch, exhaust, cdi. Guys you need to get someone who knows what they are doing to work on you stuff. If you don't believe me, I will meet any of you on a ride in S. Cal just to shut you up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
just because you talk to the guy in the shop that works on your stuff dosent make you an expert. just relax and stop hating on the teryx. its the newest thing out and we are all learning what to do with this thing. the rhino is officialy out dated and i would bet in the next 2 years you will see a new engine for the rhino and thats a direct result of the rzr and the teryx. the bar has been raised and now yamaha needs to answer. just play with your new teryx and have fun trying to make it out run your rhino and when it dose post what you did and let us all learn from you.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts